• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk Certificate CLI Tool Question

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I am writing a bash script to loop through a number of domains using old default SSL certificates to use a new specific certificate.

I've read the documentation however there doesn't appear to be an option to assign a certificate to a domain.

The --assign-cert option seems to say what I want to do but it doesn't work.

To assign the SSL certificate named Site Certificate (from the administrator's repository) on example.com for use with IP address 192.0.2.78:

plesk bin certificate --assign-cert "Site Certificate" -admin example.com -ip 192.0.2.78

I tried doing this:

Code:
plesk bin certificate --assign-cert "New Certificate" -admin clientdomain.com -ip 111.111.111.111

But it comes up with this error:

Code:
Unknown option 'clientdomain.com': /usr/local/psa/bin/certificate --assign-cert New Certificate -admin clientdomain.com -ip 111.111.111.111

exit status 1

http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/cl...utilities/certificate-ssl-certificates.39009/

Is it possible to assign a new certificate to a clients domains via the CLI tool?

@Chris1

If I am not mistaken, you should replace "-admin" flag with "-domain":

plesk bin certificate --assign-cert "New Certificate" -domain clientdomain.com -ip 111.111.111.111

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hi @trialotto

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately that doesn't work either. The flag "-admin" is required to specify which repository the certificates resides in.

Looks like there is mistake in documentation. Look at the output of --help option:

Usage: certificate command <cert_name> [-domain <name>|-admin] [options]

As you can see you can use -domain <name> OR -admin parameters. There is clarification:

-domain <domain_name> Domain repository
-admin Administrator repository

Hi @IgorG

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately this doesn't help, I know about those parameters as I read the documentation.

Is there a way to apply an SSL certificate from the server repository to a specific domain?

Back