• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Control Panel Updater problem and DNS underscore patch needed

PoonyalidP

New Pleskian
Hi,

My Plesk cannot get list of available updates.

My latest update is Plesk 8.6.0.5 Update 080924.19

Please version psa v8.6.0.5_build20080722.15

Error: Unable to retrieve a list of available updates: Unable to run `pleskautoupdate` utility: System.Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. http://pleskwin.download.swsoft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/420FF3A6-FF3D-4B04-A9F2-896B2692EFB7.xml.crc
at PleskUpdater.Updater.check()
at PleskAutoUpdate.App.Main(String[] args)

Now I cannot add underscore in the DNS CNAME record and found this solution.

"Unable to create a CNAME DNS record with the underscore symbol "_": The specified domain name is not valid"

Product issue:

• #PPPM-4301 " Fixed the issue where users could not use the underscore character (_) in domain names and CNAME DNS records. "
Resolution
Please consider updating your server:

Which they need me to download update from the Plesk updater which is not working.

Please help send me the direct download patch of #PPPM-4301 or please help fix the Plesk updater.

Thanks.
Poonyalid

According to Plesk lifecycle policy, Plesk 8.x is not supported a long time ago.
But we still support migration from this ancient Plesk version - Introduction
So, I'd suggest you perform migration your server to Plesk server with the latest version.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I don't want to pay for the Plesk version upgrade right now.

Please just send me the list of available Plesk 8.x patches to let me download and install.

I just has problem with this customer and they need urgently add underscore "_" in the DNS record.

Or just send me the patch for this fix "#PPPM-4301"

Thank you very much.

Or just send me the patch for this fix "#PPPM-4301"
Sorry, but we have no special patch what can be applied to Plesk 8.6 for fixing this issue. Fix was implemented in the next Plesk versions.
Moreover, we do not support Plesk 8.6 a long time ago.

Back