• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk Couldn't resolve host error

J

jaynXX

installing plesk on cent OS 5 getting this error

Checking for installed packages...
Downloading the file products.inf3: Can't process products.inf3: Failed to download the package http://autoinstall-ctp.plesk.com/products.inf3:
Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall-ctp.plesk.com'
Downloading the file versions.inf3: Can't process versions.inf3: Failed to download the package http://autoinstall-ctp.plesk.com/versions.inf3:
Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall-ctp.plesk.com'

Error! Failed to read product information from the file
Not all packages were installed.
Please, resolve the above problem and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the problem on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

any help thank you

It looks like autoinstall-ctp.plesk.com is resolvable, so your DNS setup is probably not right. What nameservers are listed in /etc/resolv.conf and can your server use those to resolve hostnames to IP addresses?

nameserver is pr1inc.new host name is pr1inc. IP is 200.105.87.26 and .27

i have no ideal how to setup DNS from the line. the server co-loacated

nameserver is pr1inc.new

That's not a hostname that I can resolve.

host name is pr1inc.

I recommend using a fully qualified domain name like pr1inc.example.com.

i have no ideal how to setup DNS from the line. the server co-loacated

You need to specify the nameservers that your server can use to resolve hostnames in /etc/resolv.conf. Maybe your co-location facility provides access to nameservers. Say 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 are the IP addresses of the nameservers you can use then your /etc/resolv.conf should look like this:

Code:
nameserver 192.168.0.1
nameserver 192.168.0.2

After you have Plesk installed and BIND running on your server you could change /etc/resolv.conf to use 127.0.0.1 (localhost), your own local nameserver.

is there any other way i can install Plesk if so can you share that info in full. i update all of the items listed about and autoinstall will not work.

Back