• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk default owner/permissions on folders

Alessandrol

New Pleskian
Hello,

yesterday i changed (a mistake!) with the root user on my vserver for all directories the owner and right permissons.
Plesk Virtuozzo Power Panel is still working (start/restart) container.
But the Plesk Server Administration URL is not working: 500 - internal server error
Connecting via ssh to the server is not working either (restarting container several times).
I`m sure it´s because the wrong owner/group permissons on the neccessary server folders.

Could you please advice how to repair the owner/groups and permissions?
Even ssh is not working i can change permissons etc. with Virtuozzo Power Panel on Folders.

Thank you very much in advance,
Aless.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for you reply i´ve already looked at this threads before.
Could you please say me what is the root applikation folder of plesk?
for example: /etc/var/plesk...

Ps: All websites on the server are running fine expect the Plesk Web Panel / Server 500 Error (so therefore i can´t access the mysql webadmin etc. )

/usr/local/psa
/etc/psa
/etc/psa-spf
/etc/psa-webmail
/var/www/vhosts

Hi Igor,

thank you very much for the paths.
I will try to repair the owner/group permissions without re-initialisation of the whole machine. ;-)

Mfg,
Alessandro

I believe I have the same problem as you. I need to reset the default file permissions of plesk. How did you set the default file permissions on these folders?

/usr/local/psa
/etc/psa
/etc/psa-spf
/etc/psa-webmail
/var/www/vhosts

I did that already but I still can't get into Plesk Control Panel. I get an 500 - Internal Server Error. Do you have any suggestions?

Adam

Did you check errors in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log ?

This is error several times since I did a chown -R apache:apache / by mistake:

already in use
2011-11-24 00:21:58: (mod_fastcgi.c.1105) [ERROR]: spawning fcgi failed.
2011-11-24 00:38:13: (mod_fastcgi.c.893) bind failed for: unix:/usr/local/psa/tmp/sw-engine.sock-0 Address

I have backups of the server saved remotely. Is it possible to do a pleskrestore of just the server settings without touching the domains? The domains are all working fine and I don't want to restore them. What would that command be?

Would this work:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --restore <backupfile> -level server

I'm guessing that would include all the domains. How could I eliminate the domains?

Adam

Hello,

yesterday i changed (a mistake!) with the root user on my vserver for all directories the owner and right permissons.
Plesk Virtuozzo Power Panel is still working (start/restart) container.
But the Plesk Server Administration URL is not working: 500 - internal server error
Connecting via ssh to the server is not working either (restarting container several times).
I`m sure it´s because the wrong owner/group permissons on the neccessary server folders.

Could you please advice how to repair the owner/groups and permissions?
Even ssh is not working i can change permissons etc. with Virtuozzo Power Panel on Folders.

Thank you very much in advance,
Aless.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/6572

Back