• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk DNS with QUIC.cloud CNAME

zwankie

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

To use LiteSpeed's QUIC.cloud CDN you need to add a CNAME for the root of the domain to the DNS records.

Something like this:

domain.tld CNAME cXXXX.tier1.quic.cloud

However with Plesk being the master DNS server I get the following error when I try the above:

Error: This record will conflict with the glue record for the zone 'domain.tld'.

Does anyone have a suggestion or resolution for this when managing DNS in Plesk?

Thanks

I'm afraid I don't have a direct answer to the question.

For those that might wish to do the same and aren't aware: please note that having a CNAME set for the root of the domain is not recommended for several reasons. One of them being that, as per RFC, if a CNAME exists, a CNAME must be the only record for a particular address.

So, if you use a CNAME for a domain root, any other DNS records also set for the domain root, such as your MX, TXT and others, might not be looked for at all.

@Ales gave a good explanation why.

On how, you can try :
  1. Use a different DNS provider that permits CNAME records for the root domain.
  2. Use www. as your primary domain. Then set root domain to redirect to www via :
    Home > Domains > domain.tld > Hosting Settings and check radio button www.domain.tld under "Preferred domain *" section. Click Apply > OK
    In this case, the root domain still goes to your origin server, but www. will go through QUIC.cloud.
Note :
If you initially set your root domain on my.quic.cloud dashboard, you should delete it and re-create as www. To delete your domain, go to [1] General tab and at bottom click "Delete Domain"

Last edited:
Back