• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk DNS

m.hussain2k

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2022 Data Center Edition
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.47
Hello,

Recently I got a VPS with Windows Server 2022 and installed latest version of Plesk on it. I hosted a domain abc.com on my Plesk server, set the domain nameservers with ns1.abc.com and ns2.abc.com and also child nameservers (glue record) with the same ns1.abc.com, ns2.abc.com and server IP address ... this is the simple steps I did to host the domain and it should work but its not opening on browser and showing error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN .. the ping result is showing error:

Ping request could not find host abc.com. Please check the name and try again.

Now I created 2 A records like ns1.otherdomain.com and ns2.otherdomain.com with domain otherdomain.com which is hosted at somewhere else .. both A records are working and pinging properly. Now I hosted second domain xyz.com in my Plesk server and provided the above A records as nameservers to domain but still the same result as abc.com,

I tried many things including recreated domains, changing the name of nameservers and

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I already viewed the video and did the same as mentioned in video but still no luck. Now again I'm describing problem in details. My server IP is 38.242.157.176 and my domain name is tactegrity.net.

STEP 1:
I created following child records (glue records) of domain tactegrity.net at my domain registrar:

ns1.tactegrity.net => IP: 38.242.157.176
ns2.tactegrity.net => IP: 38.242.157.176

STEP 2:
I added the above records in nameservers of tactegrity.net as follows:
nameserver1: ns1.tactegrity.net
nameserver2: ns2.tactegrity.net

(attaching screenshots of both steps)

It's more than 48 hours I created the above entries so they should be resolved but still domain is not populated, pinging result of domain and nameservers are showing error: Ping request could not find host....

I'm also attaching the DNS zone screenshot of domain which is hosted under my Plesk's server and ping result. If someone can advise what should I do now, would be grateful.

M.Hussain

Attachments

• pl3.png
    pl3.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 10
  • pl2.png
    pl2.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 10
  • pl0.png
    pl0.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 9
  • pl1.png
    pl1.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 8
is your domain can be resolved from Plesk server ?
for me command
Bash:
nslookup tactegrity.net  38.242.157.176
is timed out.

so it looks like you have problems with firewall or DNS does not work on your plesk instance at all.

however,
NS also cannot be resolved from my side (with nslookup ns1.tactegrity.net).
so probably records you added are not propagated yet due to long SOA record timings ?

The issue is with Plesk DNS, its for sure because I added the glue records and nameservers 3 days ago so they must be resolved now. I also added other domains in this Plesk server from other registrar 3 days ago and changed their nameservers but their nameservers are also not responding yet. Another try I did to use external DNS with a domain, added all necessary records of my Plesk's server in external DNS, but this is also not working. I already checked Firewall and Microsoft DNS service in Plesk server, they both are installed and active. All necessary ports are opened in firewall (screenshots are attached).

Now I don't know what to do next and how to resolve this issue , any suggestion or help would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• sk2.png
    sk2.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 7
  • sk1.png
    sk1.png
    514.9 KB · Views: 7
I installed BIND DNS Server Component in Plesk and activate it, immediately nameservers responding. Now I switched back to Microsoft DNS and its also working now. Microsoft DNS was activated but was not working due to some unknown reason but it start working after activating BIND DNS Server and switching back to Microsoft DNS. Now the problem is resolved. Thank you very much for all of your time and providing support. Just wanted to know which one should I use, is the BIND DNS server is good or do I go with Microsoft DNS?

Back