• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Plesk Docker Redis + Plesk Firewall Open Port Issue

WebHostingAce

Silver Pleskian
The Issue - Forwarded to devs - Docker(Redis) and Plesk Firewall

Plesk Support for this issue - Plesk Firewall deny rules do not block connections to Docker container

Problem with the above workaround - When you are using Plesk Firewall, Everytime server reboot or Plesk Restart (After auto update), The Port 6379 becomes open again.

My Solution for this issue - Bind the Redis Docker to Localhost.

1. Search for Redis Docker in Docker Image Catalog Then Click Run.

2. In the Next Step 'Run redis', Press Cancel

3. Login to SSH as Root then Run
Code:
docker run --name=redis -p 127.0.0.1:6379:6379 redis

4. Press CTRL + C to Exit.

5. In the Plesk Panel Click on Docker again. Now you will see the Redis Docker is not Running.

6. In Redis Docker, go to Settings and Tick 'Automatic start after system reboot' > 'Ok' > 'Start'

Now the Redis Docker will be Bind to Localhost and the Port 6379 will not be accessible externally.

Please let me know if you see anything wrong with my solution.

Hope this will help someone to Run Redis Docker! without having Port 6379 open.

The Issue - Forwarded to devs - Docker(Redis) and Plesk Firewall

Plesk Support for this issue - Plesk Firewall deny rules do not block connections to Docker container

Problem with the above workaround - When you are using Plesk Firewall, Everytime server reboot or Plesk Restart (After auto update), The Port 6379 becomes open again.

My Solution for this issue - Bind the Redis Docker to Localhost.

1. Search for Redis Docker in Docker Image Catalog Then Click Run.

2. In the Next Step 'Run redis', Press Cancel

3. Login to SSH as Root then Run
Code:
docker run --name=redis -p 127.0.0.1:6379:6379 redis

4. Press CTRL + C to Exit.

5. In the Plesk Panel Click on Docker again. Now you will see the Redis Docker is not Running.

6. In Redis Docker, go to Settings and Tick 'Automatic start after system reboot' > 'Ok' > 'Start'

Now the Redis Docker will be Bind to Localhost and the Port 6379 will not be accessible externally.

Please let me know if you see anything wrong with my solution.

Hope this will help someone to Run Redis Docker! without having Port 6379 open.
I know this is an older thread and I was attempting to do this however when I run the command I get this error:

docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/redis" is already in use by container "feacb0b922d0bb5fe1066651393e35776afac774a4c4994ef564df135aa2a981". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.

Just curious if there was a work around to this.

You already have a container in the same name.

Go to Plesk Admin Panel > Dockers and remove that docker before running the command in CLI.

Back