• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk doesn't Create Subdomain / vhost

Danielwinter

New Pleskian
Hello guys,

Plesk worked fine so far (I never tried to add an Subdomain..)

As i wanted to add an Subdomain in Plesk, it was created regularly, i can browse the Filebrowser etc.

But it seems like, the VHost isn't created / is created wrong, because when i connect to subdomain.mydomain.com
i always see the same, as i see, when i just connect to the Webserver IP.

So it seems like, there isn't a Vhost.

When i add a new Domain (newdomain.com, everything works fine, i can connect to the Domain & i see the content of newdomain.com, but when i add for the newdomain.com an Subdomain, like pep.newdomain.com, and i connect to pep.newdomain.com, i see again the content, which i see, when i connect to the IP of my Webserver.

Sorry for Bad english, but can someone help me?

----
Im running the newest Plesk on Debian 8

Hi Danielwinter,

pls. make sure to add a corresponding "A" DNS - entry for each subdomain over the domain registrars nameserver.

If you desire more help here, pls. consider to step out of your anonymity and provide the informations about the FQDN, which you have issues/errors/problems with, because then people willing to help you don't have to guess, what might be mis- or unconfigured and they are able to investigate the issue/error/problem based on facts. ;)

Hi Danielwinter,

pls. make sure to add a corresponding "A" DNS - entry for each subdomain over the domain registrars nameserver.

If you desire more help here, pls. consider to step out of your anonymity and provide the informations about the FQDN, which you have issues/errors/problems with, because then people willing to help you don't have to guess, what might be mis- or unconfigured and they are able to investigate the issue/error/problem based on facts. ;)

Thanks for your Answer.

I have tried some things & i can connect to the Subdomain, when i add ":7080" after the Domain,

And i also noticed, i can't choose in Domain -> Php Settings -> run PHP as FPM Application BY NGINX / APACHE
its like, the option "by nginx / apache" is deleted
02e65d6163cb4b2793fe0b3cf8b60846.png

Summarized:
I can connect to the default Domain via Bla.de, but to the subdomains only via bla.de:7080

I also tested, if im just too stupid to add a subdomain & created a new VPS, installed Plesk on it & everything works fine & i also have my run Php ... by Apache / Nginx back.

I also tried rebooting the whole VM, but still the Same.

What can be the Problem?

And sorry for things like missing informations, im new to plesk and the english language :D

I dont have many things on Plesk, so i think, if i really destroyed something (by stupidness), the easiest way would be to reinstall the VPS?
And should i use the newest Version, or the 7.0 Stable?

Could you please try,

Create subdomain,
subdomain.domain.tld - what is the output?

Without creating subdomain2,
subdomain2.domain.tld - what is the output?

Last edited:
you have mention subdomain work with port 7080.

Try to repair the configuration using,

#plesk repair web example.com

Back