• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Plesk Dovecot Config contains obsoleted statements

TimReeves

Regular Pleskian
TITLE:
Plesk Dovecot Config contains obsoleted statements
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk 17.8, Ubuntu 14.04
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
It seems that dovecot has been updated to 2.3.0.1

This version has some changes in ssl configuration which have not been updated yet in Plesk for Ubuntu 14.04, specifically:

doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf:2: ssl_protocols has been replaced by ssl_min_protocol
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf:4: ssl_dh_parameters_length is no longer needed

It would be great if this could be cleaned up, thanks!​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Update all packages, then # service dovecot restart​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Service restarts but issues warnings​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Service should restart without warnings​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Thank you.
Bug was confirmed and submitted as PPPM-8549

What happened to this bug? I couldn't find anything in the changelog or in the KB. I am still seeing this message on some of our older systems. What is the proposed way to deal with it?

@Alexander Bien Ah, yes, these nasty extra lines. I see them here on some production machines, too. Actually, to get rid of them, you can simply edit the files that the log lines mention and apply the changes suggested, then restart the Dovecot service.

Back