• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

plesk Element 'certificates': This element is not expected.

SiegbertG

New Pleskian
Hi,
I get this message while migrating from server to server.
Both are running with plesk 12.0.18. I have found some articles with release-notes about this as a fixed bug, but I have the newest release with all microupdates.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Siegbert

It seems, that the server no. 2 has probably one or two missing updates/upgrades/patches... Did you try these two suggestions?

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

or/and:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

executing the first suggestion on both server and start migration again -> no change, same error

Executing the second on source-server gives the following response:
Bootstrap setup actions for Plesk 12.0.18
Usage: bootstrapper.sh <prep-install|post-install|rerun|perform-deferred-actions> [component|BASE]
bootstrapper.sh <repair|perform-deferred-actions>
Running 'bootstrapper.sh repair' with PLESK_INSTALLER_FAST_REPAIR=1 environment
variable set will skip some of the most time-consuming restore actions.
and nothing more happens.

So I have executed the second one only on destination-server and that won't fix the problem.

Is the certificate probably an OWN ( brought ) certificate, which you could FIRST remove from server no.1 and afterwards make a new complete backup, to be sure, that your migration on server no. 2 will properly work?
If you haven't got two many domains on server no. 1, you could as well try remove all domain certificates and then make another complete backup, which definetly should work afterwards.

If none of these suggestions work, I would suggest to contact the Parallels Support:

Parallels Support - Free Migration Support

I have the same problem.

In both server (plesk 12.0.18 - plesk 12.0.18) I made both the procedure.
But nothing changed

Line 409 error: Element 'certificates': This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( sb-config, backup-settings, server-preferences, spamassassin, grey-listing, virusfilter, kav-settings, coldfusion, gapps-services, events ).

I removed all certificates... nothing changed.

The bug that should be solved from plesk 11.5 ...but ...is not solved in 12.
http://kb.odin.com/en/124707

It's 1 week and 20 maybe 30 attempts to make this migration with plesk tool and 7 problems fixed, but still it's not working.

Parallels Support - Free Migration Support : require 10 business days, if you can wait.

Last edited:
SOLVED

Even I deleted all certificates (except defaut one) previously in Server/Tools and settings/ssl certificates
there was still in "Hosting Settings" in 1 certificate selected that wasn't the default one.

I removed in "Hosting Settings" the non default certificate
and the problem was SOLVED.

This create an other minor problem:

"New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Syntax error on line 220 of /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/server.conf: SSLCertificateFile: file '/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/cert-HTFFJKK' does not exist or is empty . Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files."

but I suppose that when I upload the certificate and select the certificate it will be solved.
Anyway it's a minor issue.

Thank you UFHH01!

Back