• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Email Security - adjust spam filter level per mail account

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

client has a bunch of emails and wants to set different spam filter levels for some of them.
Can easily be done on the servers that run Plesk "normal" mail setup (with MagicSpam) but I can't find where or how to do that on the one server that still runs PES.

Cheers,
Tom

Please note: Plesk Email Security requires Dovecot and Postfix, shipped as components with Plesk, on a Linux server. The extension works independently from Plesk's built-in SpamAssassin component. This extension disables the user interface and the rules added by the component if installed! You don't have to install or uninstall the SpamAssassin component to use Plesk Email Security properly. The Greylisting functionality does not work with Email Security and is disabled in the installation process. The manual learning process is not executed if SELinux Enforcing mode is enabled.

So, it can't be done by desing... I think you need to uninstall PES and you will have what you want.

PS. Also look at my issue that I described here: Issue - Plesk Email Security - Reset spam policy doesn't work
Can be that even with PES installed per-user settings setup before PES installation are still respected...

"Played around" with it last night...

If you allow in Plesk during the setup of an email (or tick the box later) the feature of "Can be used to log in to Plesk", then this email user can log into Plesk and has the following spam options:

1596715592016.png

which would hint that each user can indeed have their own spam level configured. It's just not accessible via Plesks admin login for a domain (yet?) it seems.

It gets odder (in my opinion). When we log out of Plesk with that clients email account, and log right back into Plesk as the real Plesk server admin, we end up getting:

1596716159361.png

which shows the clients email addresses spam settings. If you move away from this page, you can't get back to it though from within Plesk when logged in as admin. So it seems to be there, but not there.

I would suspect that this is something still to be implemented / fine tuned. @Viktor Vogel mentioned something like that on another post...
Will tell our client to use the route via Plesk login for each email account where he needs it. A bit inconvenient, but at least it's possible :)

Cheers,
Tom

Hey!

Will tell our client to use the route via Plesk login for each email account where he needs it. A bit inconvenient, but at least it's possible :)

The spam settings can be set directly from the Mail overview page (as an admin also for all client accounts by using the customer panel login):

Screenshot 2021-02-01 11.07.47.png

Cheers
Viktor

Thanks for pointing it out Victor! And apologies!

Clients (and us as well) are/were used to have a spam tab when clicking on the email. The security setting on the right was completely overlooked by all of us!

Cheers,
Tom

Back