• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Email Security - how far with proper Plesk integration?

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
Clients log into the Plesk control panel, but can't configure their email accounts spam detection settings in there.

For that they have to log into Plesk using their email account and its password. (And can only do that if in Plesk the email addresses option "Can be used to log in to Plesk" is selected).

So instead of configuring spam detection on a domain level [which apparently can't be done at all at the moment] (or as an example on 15 email addresses right in Plesk) management or IT of the clients company has to log into all the mail accounts separately and adjust it if so desired.

Now, logging into Plesk using an email and its pw we CAN change the spam detection level.

The very "funny" [or actually not; i confuses the hell out of clients] part is, if the client now logs out of Plesk (which was logged in using a clients email address) and logs back into Plesk using Plesks proper login details, the client STILL sees the Plesk page they just logged out of! The one showing the clients email address with all the options to configure the spam detection levels!!

There is something VERY unfinished in the integration between Plesk and the Plesk email security extension.

-
What our clients would want: integrate it to the point where anything to do with spam can be configured right in the normal Plesk login. domain level, and email level. (Like it is when using Plesk without the PES extension). Currently it's a mess and not reasonably explainable to clients.

Hi @IgorG @Viktor Vogel

could you please shed a tiny bit of light on it. Anything from "soon" to maybe half a year to not for the foreseeable future would be helpful.

We're busy juggling and evaluating a combo of CentOS7 / CentOS8 / alternative // magicspam / paid Spamhaus / PES / other third party

To plan a (longterm) path forward, even a very rough idea about PES would be helpful to us.

Thanks in advance

Hey TomBoB!

Clients log into the Plesk control panel, but can't configure their email accounts spam detection settings in there.

Not sure I understood you correctly, but this is fully integrated already (with normal user accounts and with email accounts only).

Example for email accounts only with access to the Plesk interface:

Screenshot 2021-02-01 11.02.48.png

Settings can only be adjusted server-wide or on email level for now. I like the idea to set the settings on the domain level and will put it into the backlog!

Cheers
Viktor

Hi Viktor, thanks for getting back to us.

My post above was a complete blind moment on our side (and the many clients). Thanks for pointing it out in this post!!
Somehow we were all focused and stuck on having the spam tab under each email address (when logged in as server admin or clients admin), and didn't even notice/see the settings under the security heading.

Apologies for above post!

If you could do domain wide at some point, that'd be cool ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I will discuss it internally, could be quite useful. Thanks for the feature request!

Back