• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Plesk File Manager / Editor

P

pvanberlo

Guest
Hi,

I'm running into an issue with the Plesk file editor. If I upload a Perl based CGI script, it works just fine. However, as soon as I open the script in the Plesk text editor and save it, I get HTTP/500 errors (Premature ending of script). This happens even if I do not modify the file at all, so just open it, and save it using the text editor. What it boils down to is that the script somehow gets converted to the wrong file format (DOS based, so it tags an extra ^M to the end of each line). Is there a work around for this? I would like to be able to use the Plesk file editor to modify some scripts, but if this does not work at all I'll have to edit using my favorite FTP client.

Thanks!


Kind regards,

Paul van Berlo
 
Noone? I can't be the only person on this planet with this issue, right?
 
I am having this same issue.
I will have to modify the file using a text editor, which means I must enable shell access, which is not desirable for all domains .... so it would be nice if it is fixed.
 
Back
Top