• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk File Manager / Editor

P

pvanberlo

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with the Plesk file editor. If I upload a Perl based CGI script, it works just fine. However, as soon as I open the script in the Plesk text editor and save it, I get HTTP/500 errors (Premature ending of script). This happens even if I do not modify the file at all, so just open it, and save it using the text editor. What it boils down to is that the script somehow gets converted to the wrong file format (DOS based, so it tags an extra ^M to the end of each line). Is there a work around for this? I would like to be able to use the Plesk file editor to modify some scripts, but if this does not work at all I'll have to edit using my favorite FTP client.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Paul van Berlo

Noone? I can't be the only person on this planet with this issue, right?

I am having this same issue.
I will have to modify the file using a text editor, which means I must enable shell access, which is not desirable for all domains .... so it would be nice if it is fixed.

Back