• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Firewall Issue

J

jtheisen

Greetings,
Having an issue with trying to use the Plesk firewall and some services. Plesk windows V7.
Server 2003 web edition all plesk updates and windows updates - unistalled IE security enhancements.

I have configured the Plesk firewall file and added the ports I need, and even repeated port 21 because of this issue to no avail.
With the firewall ON, SMTP traffic is halted with a client error of authentication error, firewall OFF everything is fine
Firewall ON FTP traffic is stalled, you can connect and transfer but it is delayed almost like it being looked at really hard and being delayed up to 15-20 seconds..

With the firewall ON, a port scan reveals all normal ports open, and with it off I get 1025 up to 1030 ports open and I want them blocked. So I know it is sorta working.

ANyone else experience this and if so what was your solution?
OR
does anyone have a SOLID alternative firewall thats not such a pain in the arse?

Thanks in advance
Jim

Back