• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk installation into local network

ProWebS

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

i'm trying to make plesk work in my office's lan so that i can try some tests before I install them in my production servers.
My problem and question is , what IP and should I give to the vhost in plesk, the local ip of the pc (192.168.2.4) or the external static ip that the office's dsl has ?

I've tried installing the static external ip ,but the problem is that when I call the hostname that i've installed from a pc
inside the lan/office it shows me the index.html of the vhost, but when I call the hostname or ip address from
a pc from another external network it opens the classic:

Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.

You can do the following:

* Create domains and set up Web hosting using Parallels Plesk Panel.

For more information please contact Administrator.

It's like there is no vhost set.

so what is the correct ip to use? lan or external? and what about the mask address ?

Hello IgorG,

I've red the manual, it shows the way to have the correct DNS settings behind NAT, which does not interest me right now, since the dns hosting (for the particular subdomain I've installed in this test plesk server) is done in a real (in a datacenter) server, in which I have added an A record for a test subdomain (for example office.mydomain.com) , and that A record points to my office's static ip address.

But what about the ip address in the apache configuration (vhost) should that be the lan ip ? or the wan ?

Back