• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk installed on php 5.2.10... update php, and make Plesk use new version?

Sefu

New Pleskian
Hello,

This is sort of a follow-up to my "nginx 502 bad gateway" thread, and a php-mysql version-particular 'bug' I found therein.

I've upgraded Plesk to version 12.5.x, but it's running on the php 5.2.10 I installed on the server (or its own, not sure). I've installed the later php versions (through plesk), but I can't seem to find a way to make Plesk panel switch over to using it, and following up every lead to find what to activate/switch can be quite a chore. Is there a simpler method that I'm overlooking, or can anyone more enlightened advise me on this?

Thank you, best.

There are two PHP in Plesk - one for Plesk admin panel and one (multiple versions) for web hosting. Just for clarification - you are talking about using modern PHP for what? If you mean PHP for hosting - it is easy - just select necessary installed PHP handler in subscription settings. If you mean PHP for Panel (/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php) it is not possible to change it because Plesk will be completely broken.

If you mean PHP for Panel (/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php) it is not possible to change it because Plesk will be completely broken.

That's exactly what I meant. This is linked to my 'bad gateway' error, as it seems that plesk 12.5 'doesn't like' the mysql/php version that... plesk installed for itself and is using?

That doesn't even make sense. All I know is that something is trying to allocate 4go of memory (that the server doesn't have).

Back