• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Installer Email in Russian

William Hudson

New Pleskian
This morning I received an email from root on one of my servers, reporting a successful upgrade to version 18.0.23. All appeared well until I examined the detailed contents, much of which appears to me to be in Russian (or uses Cyrillic characters at the very least). The system is set up to use English so this was a bit surprising. A pdf of the email is attached.

Attachments

• Plesk Installer 3.pdf
    190.6 KB · Views: 4
Just wanted to tell you that you did not properly "censor" your E-Mail..
"william.hudson@syntXXXXXX.co.uk"
(XXXXXX to not post it here publicly but you did just edit the text, not the link)

May you want to know this. If not, just ignore this reply.

Not a big deal, but thanks for letting me know. I should have realised there was a link involved when the underline remained.

I've adjusted the attachment.

This is not Russian, this is Ukrainian.
Most likely this is due to the fact that the Ukrainian locale is installed on the server at the operating system level.
Please check it with

# locale

command.

Sorry, I don't read any Cyrillic alphabets so it's all Greek to me (so to speak:)

The machine is set to UK locale:
root@do-vps-1906:~# locale
LANG=uk_UA.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="uk_UA.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

UA means Ukrainian locale.
Set English by default with

# export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

Great, thanks. A little mix-up regarding GB and UK I think! I believe the UK is the only country not using its ISO two-letter code as the TLD which has always confused me, (There was a .gb TLD in use in the 90's but it was mostly by the UK military. I haven't seen it mentioned since.)

In this case, and because of last day in EU today, use following commands for pure UK locale:

export LC_ALL=en_UK.UTF-8
export LANG=en_UK.UTF-8

:)

Back