• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk installer for upgrade doesn't work

Arthur

New Pleskian
Hello everybody,

I try to upgrade my Plesk ( 12.5 ) to Plesk Onyx, but it's does'nt work

ERROR: Internal error: unexpected exception caught
exit status 1

Is what I got with SSH, and the panel gave me : Execution failed. Command: autoinstaller Arguments: Array ( [0] => --service-mode [1] => --enable-xml-output [2] => --ssl-cert [3] => /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.pem [4] => --branch [5] => release,stable ) Details: ERROR: Internal error: unexpected exception caught .

I'm on Centos7 .

What could i do ?
Thanks in advance .

Try to run upgrade process with

# plesk installer --debug

and find useful information about reasons of failed upgrade in /tmp/autoinstaller3.log

Having same issue:

root@server:~# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

root@server:~# plesk installer --debug

exit status 1

The psa-autoinstaller package may be corrupted and you can try to reinstall it. You can find more information on how to do it in the following KB article: Cannot upgradePlesk: "file does not exist or is not executable: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller"
Also make sure that you have correct permissions here:

ls -las /tmp/autoinstaller3.log
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 May 17 02:45 /tmp/autoinstaller3.log -> /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log

# ls -la /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log
-rw------- 1 root root 398171 May 17 02:59 /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log

Back