• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk is very, very, very SLOW!

P

Patiek

I want to know how I can go about speeding up Plesk. The process websrvmng uses up 100% CPU + tons of RAM when doing fairly routine tasks in the control panel (deleting a small account for example).

I AM running Bind. We have 150 domains on the server spread over about 30 client accounts. IIS performs great at all times... this is purely a Plesk issue.

There are other threads out there like this one, but I will not go gentle into that good night. I will continue to bump this thread daily until someone has answers or can guide me into figuring out where Plesk is having problems. The entire control panel will come to a crawl at times... seemingly for no reason (other than websrvmng).

Hopefully those who are considering a Plesk purchase will come across this thread and consider the various responses, if any, before investing into a dead community with dead development.

Don't think so? Prove me wrong. How do I fix websrvmng from eating up all of the server resources and causing the control panel to come to a crawl for hours at a time?

bump, it seems that I am still having these problems (I have been ever since going to Plesk, particularly 7.5). Now we are on 7.6x and it seems swsoft is still dropping the ball.

Bump, bump, bump.

I will see you tomorrow.

I had the same problems, (and it stil is not as fast as on a Linux server) but after updating plesk, both MY.INI files had been reset to default.
Could it be that this is also your problem ?

Originally posted by Toepes
I had the same problems, (and it stil is not as fast as on a Linux server) but after updating plesk, both MY.INI files had been reset to default.
Could it be that this is also your problem ?

I am sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but are you suggesting that this is solely a MySQL configuration error? Specifically, you are suggesting that the configuration for mysql is so horrible, that simple delete and select statements take hours to complete?

My C:\Windows\my.ini file contains only directives for basedir, datadir, and then Server under [WinMySQLadmin] pointing to standard mysqld-nt.exe .

Within the MySQL Data folder under Plesk\MySQL\Data the my.ini contians settings similar to those posted on these forums. Also, I do not notice anything out of order or unusually low (of course, I can't really compare unless you post your my.ini).

Any other suggestions?

According to my oppinion the MY.INI files are just default values, so depending on your installed server memory you should adjust these values.

I have installed 2GB Mem and doubled (even multiplied) several values. It made a lot of difference.

I forgotten the link, but there is in the forum a topic whitch shows some settings in my.ini

Currently we are looking into possible hard drive issues resulting from excessive access to IIS metabase by Plesk Control Panel.

This is definitely Plesk's interaction with IIS ... I am going to try tracing the process to see if I can get anywhere specific. However, it is quite likely that this is just Plesk's horrible interaction with the IIS metabase.

I think I found the problem.

On the 7.5.6 version, I used the mySQL to store Plesk database.
After upgrade to 7.6.1, I decided to change psa database to MS-SQL.

Now I am building a new server and doing tests on it.

On this new server, I installed psa db on mySQL and Plesk started run fast again.
To confirm, I uninstalled Plesk and installed it again with psa installed on MS-SQL and Plesk started crawling again.

I am not sure if is only a coincidence, is everyone with Plesk slow running psa on MS-SQL?

If so, if can we tranfer psa database from MS-SQL to MySQL it could solve the performance problem.

BTW: This solution also solved slow Plesk Backup utility problem.

Originally posted by adrianodalpra
I think I found the problem.

On the 7.5.6 version, I used the mySQL to store Plesk database.
After upgrade to 7.6.1, I decided to change psa database to MS-SQL.

Now I am building a new server and doing tests on it.

On this new server, I installed psa db on mySQL and Plesk started run fast again.
To confirm, I uninstalled Plesk and installed it again with psa installed on MS-SQL and Plesk started crawling again.

I am not sure if is only a coincidence, is everyone with Plesk slow running psa on MS-SQL?

If so, if can we tranfer psa database from MS-SQL to MySQL it could solve the performance problem.

BTW: This solution also solved slow Plesk Backup utility problem.

No, I am running on MySQL. Better luck next time.

Let me re-state: This has been an on-going problem throughout the versions. It has become worse as more domains have been placed on the server (no, the domains are not sucking up all the resources); about 150 domain accounts on the server.

Currently Plesk comes to an absolute crawl whenever it must interact with IIS metabase (such as when modifying hosting aspects of a domain). At the moment this appears to be horrible Plesk garbage coding as usual... unless someone can explain the slow interaction with IIS (a reminder, IIS on its own is very fast and delivers websites just fine).

Specs of your machine ?
OS ?

Are you using a non standard port to access the control panel?

Tried switching to MS DNS?

I'm running on a PE 750 P4 2.8 with 1 GB of ram and have 200+ domains it's running without problems.

Intel Pentium 4 2Ghz
1024 MB Ram
2 7200 RPM Hard drives
Windows Server 2003

Non-standard port:
No.

MS DNS:
No, as others have indicated just the opposite as far as problems go.

Currently the problem only occurs when Plesk interacts with IIS. Inetinfo.exe then goes nuts (along with Plesk's webhostmng or whatever it is called)... both processes begin to eat up CPU and memory as the server comes to a crawl.

IIS on its own runs fine and is rather fast as far as delivering web content or manually modifying sites (without Plesk involved) goes. No, we do not normally modify the sites without Plesk, but we did in tests to pinpoint where the problem exists... and IIS handles itself fine.

We are running with 150+ domains/subdomains (and nearly all are very inactive).

Main reason, Plesk works with PHP and sometimes you must configure it like this:

In Plesk 7.6.1

simply create ".php" extension mapping from IIS : right click "Web Sites" : "Home Directory" tab >Configuration>Mappings

click "Cache ISAPI Extensions" then click "Add"

Executable: "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php\php.exe"

Extension: .php

Verbs: All Verbs

so, even your PLESK will be faster and your php scripts work correctly! I tried it!

Plesk is running on apache on the server. As far as IIS is concerned, the PHP process that Plesk runs on is separate from IIS and unrelated.

Hey guys,

If you want to have Plesk 7.6.1 for Windows really fast then don't install it on IIS and MSSQL, it will run smoothly and fast on Apache and MySQL. I tried this and tested for few days on two servers and the MySQL and Apache is much , much faster.

I think the SWSOFT guys are aware of this issue and I think they will release the version 8 of plesk in ASP.NET very soon.

Henryk

Im also running on Apache with MySQL and its mega slow most of the time.

Originally posted by henry

I think the SWSOFT guys are aware of this issue and I think they will release the version 8 of plesk in ASP.NET very soon.

We could only wish they would have.

has anyone fixed this?

Just upgraded to plesk 8.4.0 on Win2k3, 2 GB, dual xeon procs and the control panel runs excrutiatingly slow from outside our network.

In addition, it seems when you do access it, it grinds all http requests to a halt, even thought the server has a tiny, tiny load.

Final and Best Method

it is Best way for Resolving this problem ( slow Plesk control Panel and Remote Desktop and localhost on windows server 2003 )

i find plesk require Enough RAM for processing , for example if you have Enough CPU but your Ram is Low , your plesk and remote Desktop and localhost is very slow , but your site loading normal

for resolve this problem :

1 - Upgrdae Hardware ( RAM ) " Recommend "

OR

2 - Change this setting in server :

Right Click on MyComputer => Properties => Advanced => Performance => in Memory Usage Select (Programs)

and then

in Virtual Memory click Change Button

select Custom Size and add a larger number in initial size for example 6000 , and largest number in Maximum size for example 8000 and then click in Set button

OK all page and Restart Winows

You Can View Screen Shot link for esay setting
1 - http://forum.swsoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=237&stc=1&d=1227939703
2 - http://forum.swsoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239&stc=1&d=1227940013

thanks
http://www.EsfahanHost.com
Masoud Saeidi

Attachments

• plesk_slow_2.PNG
    plesk_slow_2.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 107
Best and Final RESOLUTION

it is Best way for Resolving this problem ( slow Plesk control Panel and Remote Desktop and localhost on windows server 2003 )

i find plesk require Enough RAM for processing , for example if you have Enough CPU but your Ram is Low , your plesk and remote Desktop and localhost is very slow , but your site loading normal

for resolve this problem :

1 - Upgrdae Hardware ( RAM ) " Recommend "

OR

2 - Change this setting in server :

Right Click on MyComputer => Properties => Advanced => Performance => in Memory Usage Select (Programs)

and then

in Virtual Memory click Change Button

select Custom Size and add a larger number in initial size for example 6000 , and largest number in Maximum size for example 8000 and then click in Set button

OK all page and Restart Winows

You Can View Screen Shot link for esay setting
1 - http://forum.swsoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=237&stc=1&d=1227939703
2 - http://forum.swsoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239&stc=1&d=1227940013

thanks
http://www.EsfahanHost.com
Masoud Saeidi

Back