• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk KAV - Error durung scanning for viruses

Erwan

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Since this night, we receive errors emails for each message:

Plesk KAV - Error during scanning for viruses!

With only this in the email:

Dear User,
A message with the following attributes cannot be scanned for viruses due an error:

Sender = x[email protected] (may be forged) Recipients = y[email protected] Subject = Test B Message-ID = <[email protected]>

Where i can find more information about the problem an plesk KAV?
Server is with Plesk Onyx with the last updates.

Hi,
we got he same errors but only from Servers with centos 6 "not" from Servers with centos 7.

Hi,
yes, since this night.
when customers have activated KAV for outgoing Email they recieve an error too. so i have deaktivated KAV.
I hope someone from the plesk team can help ?

Hi,
i have the same error since this night, plesk onyx 17.0.17 Update#21 on Debian 8.7

I tried to restart via CLI kaspersky but didn't resolve the problem.

In maillog no particular error, only Message from [email protected] is non scanned

Hi, here too from tonight we receive hundred of mail with that error.
I've disabled the antivirus service.
For me it depends on some licence update problem from plesk.
It has begin after the last kav update at 04.54

I've the same error since this morning on:
- CentOS 7
- Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #21
- kav-unix

Turning of KAV did stop the error messages, but also the virus checks.. :-(

Hello, try to update the KAV additional key in Tools & Settings > License Management > Additional License Keys > KAV key > Retrieve Additional Key

Hi,
I retrieved Additional key, after i reactivated kaspersky antivirus but get new error:

kavmng on failed: Synchronizing state for kavehost.service with sysvinit using update-rc.d... Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d kavehost defaults Executing /usr/sbin/update-rc.d kavehost enable Job for kavehost.service failed. See 'systemctl status kavehost.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

And in rc_actions_log:

STOP pleskrc

START register_service

INFO: [Fri Apr 7 11:09:44 CEST 2017]: Serice: kavehost, Action: --enable

Trying to register service kavehost... done

STOP register_service

START pleskrc

INFO: [Fri Apr 7 11:09:45 CEST 2017]: Serice: kavehost, Action: start

Trying to start service kavehost... failed

Apr 07 11:09:46 server.xyz.it systemd[31603]: Failed at step EXEC spawning /sbin/restorecon: No such file or directory

Apr 07 11:09:46 server.xyz.it kavehost[31604]: Can't start server

Apr 07 11:09:46 server.xyz.it systemd[1]: kavehost.service: control process exited, code=exited status=8

Apr 07 11:09:46 server.xyz.it systemd[1]: Failed to start Kaspersky antivirus service.

Apr 07 11:09:46 server.xyz.it systemd[1]: Unit kavehost.service entered failed state.

WARNING!

Some problems are found during start service kavehost(see log file: /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log)

And despite the antivirus appears not active, I received emails with scan error.
I check in CLI and i cannot start kaspersky server

Hello, try to update the KAV additional key in Tools & Settings > License Management > Additional License Keys > KAV key > Retrieve Additional Key

This doesnt fix the problem. i have no errors in rc_actions_log like Marco but the error "Error during scanning for viruses" is still the same

Last edited:
We have the same problem on

‪Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #21

with Kasperski Antivirus.

Only deactivating virus scan helps.

Greetings
Sylvio

At the moment this issue under developer's consideration.
Please be patient.
Thanks.

KAV keys have two dates:

- Next license key update date
- Expiration date of master key

Until 28.03.2017 keys were given with the expiration date of the master key 6.04.2017
28.03.2017 Plesk Key Administrator began to give a fresh master key with the expiration date 22.09.2017

So, there is a group of licenses for which the update date will come later than the expiration date of the master key.

Unfortunately, on 6.04.2017 there was an error while updating Key Administrator. Changes in the configurations were lost.
And from 6.04.2017 15:46 until 7.04.2017 18:11 the previous version of the master key was given again.

Now, as a possible solution, you need to make a "retrieve key" from the GUI or CLI.
In this case, KAV key comes with a new correct master key.

Back