1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk License Key Question - Upgrade 7.5.4 -> 8.2

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by kevin@, Sep 21, 2007.

1. kevin@

kevin@ Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hello,

I have an old server running 7.5.4 with all my client data - and a new server running 8.2.0 that is a clean install.

I want to run both servers at the same time, and migrate the clients over one-by-one to make sure everything is working properly before I put the old(production) server out of commission...

Question: When I update my 7.5.4 key to 8.2 to install on the NEW server (so I can add more than one client/domain) will my old 7.5.4 server continue to function until I decide to take it offline? (pending that everything is working fine on the new server)

Obviously I don't want to be stuck with a heap of downtime, and I'd like to be 110% sure the new server is working properly before switching, and dont want to be left with a non-working 7.5.4 server because of the key being upgraded...

Make sense? Let me know...

Kevin

2. CFHCOMP

CFHCOMP Guest

I would ask sales for a temp key so you could migrate data over.