• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk license using wrong IP

NeoTrafy

New Pleskian
Hello everybody.

I have a dedicated server with different IPs (the main starting with 37 [this is the main ip of the server, eth0], few 178's...). This is the third year so I updated the license last january (it is supposed to expiry on Jan 22 again) without problems but this time something went wrong. The license in the plesk panel was showing the expiration around Dec 23 and it was a bit suspicious.

I noticed yesterday that the panel stop working because of the grace period ended. My provider (OVH) told me to reinstall the license and when I insert the key again this happen:
Error: Request cannot be serviced from the specified IP(s): 178....

Why is Plesk trying to install the key in one of the others IPs instead of installing it where it is supposed to be? How do I solve this?

Thank you in advance,
Neo.

Hi there,

As of today i'm experiencing this problem too. Any help would be appreciated! I'm also using OVH. I might also post this issue to their forums.

Thanks!

Jarrin.

Hello again,

I solved the problem Jarrin but I don't know if this would be your solution too.

As OVH's support team. This was caused because of the IPs failover of the server. I had 2 IP extra as failover of the physical IP of the server and 1 IP as extra IP for clients.

They told me that Plesk changed the key validation protocol and now it requires a key "for every IP failover you have as Plesk consider every other IP as a different VPS and need extra key".

I deleted the IP failover, moved the clients IP away from server (via OVH panel), reboot server and after a couple of tries it finaly worked. After that I moved the IP to the server again and it keeps working as it is supposed.

Why did you do that change to licensing IgorG?

Hello again,

I solved the problem Jarrin but I don't know if this would be your solution too.

As OVH's support team. This was caused because of the IPs failover of the server. I had 2 IP extra as failover of the physical IP of the server and 1 IP as extra IP for clients.

They told me that Plesk changed the key validation protocol and now it requires a key "for every IP failover you have as Plesk consider every other IP as a different VPS and need extra key".

I deleted the IP failover, moved the clients IP away from server (via OVH panel), reboot server and after a couple of tries it finaly worked. After that I moved the IP to the server again and it keeps working as it is supposed.

Why did you do that change to licensing IgorG?

Hello

There is a feature in our licensing database named "IP binding". It allows binding any Plesk license to a certain server IP address. Previously, this feature was used only with "Lookup only" behavior. Recently, we implemented new behavior ("Lookup and Restrict") which allows restricting a license only for use on a server with specific IP. This is done for security reasons to avoid fraud use and license theft.

You can find more details about IP binding here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/214529225

If you started having such issues just recently, most probably, your provider changed the behavior of this feature and restricted your Plesk licenses to specific IPs.

Back