• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Migrate from 8.3

S

Shorts

We are currently running a plesk server on v8.3 on server 2003 with over 500 domains. Im looking to migrate this to a new faster server with more memory.

I have taken a backup from 8.3 converted it using pre9-backup-convert as outlined but when i try to restore it in 9.3 i get this message

Error: pmm-ras error (Error code = 1):
== STDOUT ====================
Archiver error: unable to extract files from C:/Program Files/Parallels/Plesk/tmp/phpCE3.tmp

==============================
== STDERR ====================

==============================

Any ideas?

Im getting to the point where im going to install 8.3 on the new system, restore the backup and them go through the sequental upgrades but i can see this cousing problems.

Regards

Mike

Try to upload backup archive and convert it with

pre9-backup-convert.exe --source=archive.psa --destination=C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup

Thanks Igor,

I ran the script you gave, it put the files in C:\Program not C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Backup, so have moved them to the correct directory.

Now in backup manager/server repository i have the xml file listed but have a red cross and in the comments "This file is not a valid backup file."

Hi Igor,

I really need your help with this issue, my old system is starting play up and i need to get this onto the new box.

This seems to be a hugh issue with the software and needs resolving.

I currently have 4 systems running this software and am going to need to move them all over to updated software and boxes so the restore need to work.

Regards

Mike

Has anybody tried to migrate from Plesk to Cpanel, it looks straight forward as their team do it all for you.

Mike

It is really very difficult to resolve this problem in forum's format because it is require investigation directly on your server. Therefore I can suggest you contact support team if fix is really still actual for you.

I think i may have this sorted, I installed a new server running plesk 8.3, restored the backup from the live server to it and then upgraded plesk to 9.3. the only problem is the generic licence will only allow me to test one client/domain.

May question is this, will Plesk issue me with an unlimited temp licence so i can test the new server before i convert my 8.3 licence?

Try to contact your sales representative regarding trial license for your testing purpose.

Back