• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk migration 10.4.4 -> 12.5 including accounts and php, apache settings etc.

Thraul

New Pleskian
I currently have an old instance of Ubuntu/Plesk that I need to upgrade.

Code:
Description:    Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS
Panel version:  10.4.4 Update #59

We have decided to build a new server and migrate the accounts across.

What I want to do is replicate the PHP, Apache, firewall etc (all the Plesk settings) on the new server.

Can someone please tell me how I can achieve this?

Also will a migration work from 10.4.4 -> 12.5?

Thanks

Thanks IngorG. Reading the document it appears going from 10.4 to 12.5 should work but also migration will do the following - "Plesk Migrator transfers service plans, subscriptions with all associated domains, and websites with content (such as websites, mail, databases, and so on)" This is what I need in part but I DOES NOT do all the PHP installations, Apache Settings and the whole "Plesk" instance so it matches the old server before I start the migration of the user data.

This is what I need to get working as I don't want any websites to be broken after the migration.

Hello!

Unfortunately there are no tools in Plesk which allows you to replicate server settings and modules to another Plesk version, because set of features, supportable by different versions of Plesk is different. Also there are some dependence on target operation system type and its version.

Plesk Migrator is able to check server components before migration and report about potential issues with list of affected domain. You can install this components manually and run checks again. Also Plesk Migrator has ability to check that your sites work fine after migration:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator test-all

So you can run this post-migration checks (many times if needed) and fix reported issues manually before switching migrated domains to production.

Aleksey thank you very much for your answer. This sounds perfect for what I need. I will look more into the post-migrator checks and tests. :)

If you run migration via GUI, you can check option "Check the operability of services after migration". In this case post-migration checks will be executed for all migrated domains right after migration. Link to report will be shown at the migration result page. See details at http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/mi...lesk/migrating-via-the-plesk-interface.75721/. Also you can run post migration checks manually for different set of domains via CLI. See details at http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/mi...m-plesk/migrating-via-the-command-line.75722/.

Back