• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Plesk Migration: critical error: Object of type filter is not JSON serializable

TomyByte

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 #2
In the 'List of subscriptions' I selected the subscriptions I wanted to migrate, then the content that must be transferred:
  • Migrate mail messages
  • Migrate website files
  • Migrate database data (tables, rows, etc)
  • Migrate external IDs
and Subscription owner
- Copy to source customer/reseller
In the end no subscription was loaded for migration and the error message appeared

Failed to fetch configuration data from Plesk servers
Cause: Object of type filter is not JSON serializable
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I have no clue what this message means and how to solve the issue, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Attachments

• info-log.pdf
    92.5 KB · Views: 8
In the 'List of subscriptions' I selected the subscriptions I wanted to migrate, then the content that must be transferred:
  • Migrate mail messages
  • Migrate website files
  • Migrate database data (tables, rows, etc)
  • Migrate external IDs
and Subscription owner
- Copy to source customer/reseller
In the end no subscription was loaded for migration and the error message appeared

Failed to fetch configuration data from Plesk servers
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I have no clue what this message means and how to solve the issue, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Tom

I have the same error on a single domain after successfully transferring 42 subscriptions
Tengo un error igual en un sólo dominio después de trasladar correctamente 42 suscripciones

There must be a bug in the python code of the plesk migrator. It seems that it is retrieving objects of type filter and trying to serialize it to JSON without converting to object of type list, what could be serialized to JSON. Objects of type filter never can be serialized to JSON. So it's a bug. Plesk support will not help me I got this instead:
"We have determined that the Plesk license was not purchased directly from Plesk, but through one of the Plesk resellers.
Please contact your license provider for support service." But Plesk is responsable for this buggy code!

I have the same error. I'm trying to migrate 400 subscriptions from a Plesk Obsidian v18.0.62_build1800240724.18 os_Ubuntu 18.04 server to a new
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.62_build1800240724.11 os_Ubuntu 22.04 server

Migration fails and can't continue with the following critical error:

"Failed to fetch configuration data from Plesk servers
That is a critical error, migration was stopped."

Hello there. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you are experiencing with the migration tool. That issue has already been brought to our attention and our development team is actively investigating it. We will update you with confirmation once the culprit of the issue is identified and resolved. We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Hello there. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you are experiencing with the migration tool. That issue has already been brought to our attention and our development team is actively investigating it. We will update you with confirmation once the culprit of the issue is identified and resolved. We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.
Thanks Sebahat Hadzhi.
This is an urgent and priority issue.
I have received an unpleasant notification from my Plesk licensing reseller, mentioning that I will be charged extra for using Ubuntu 18.04 so it is my priority to properly execute migrations.

Via my Hoster (IONOS) the Plesk Support Team will log on to my server in the next hours and have a look what's causing this issue and hope they can solve the problem. I had to stop completely the switch from my old server to the new one, but the time I can hold it is running out, because the old server is already cancelled.

I have exactly the same error.A solution is very urgent for me because my hoster is shutting down my old server in a few days and the service will be discontinued.

It seems to work as described in the mentioned article. 2 subscriptions already migrated, hope the remaining will work as well. Thank all - that saved me!

We have released an update which fixes the "Object of type filter is not JSON serializable" error. If you have automatic updates enabled this update should be installed automatically. Plesk Migrator 2.26.1:

Migration of a domain no longer fails with the “Object of type filter is not JSON serializable” error if the black list or white list is enabled in the spam protection settings of the domain’s mail. (PMT-5353)

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Back