• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Migration "Finish Migration"

AWSolutions

New Pleskian
Hello,

We ran plesk migration to get the sites over to our server. We did this about a week or two ago.
Long story short, we did everything except "finish the migration" and now our source server has died.

Alot of the sites on this server are static sites with no emails. So we just switched dns over and everything is hot. This is now the live server. For some other sites we manually transferred updated files and did db dumps.

The question I have is that when we go to tools & settings, and click on "Migration and Transfer Manager" we have 1 row there. It is the original migration we started. There is an option for "Finish Migration". What does this actually do?

I am concerned that it is going to try and do something to my sites. So my two questions are:

What exactly does "finish migration" do?
Is there a way to just tell migration manager I am done with this migration - don't worry about it, don't take any action, and clear this in progress migration out?

Thanks!

I think I recall a similar situation we had a couple of months ago. There was no problem with clicking the link. In our case a stuck migration was still listed, but after clicking the link there was an option to clear the job. No guarantee for your individual status, though.

Hello!
When you are clicking "Finish Migration" migrator removes all data created for migration: dumps, logs, temporary files, config, etc. Nothing else. Other settings on source and on target server it keeps as is, no other changes will be made.

Last edited:
Back