• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk migration from 11.0.9 to another server plesk 12.5

Sudheer Egade

New Pleskian
We are using Plesk 11.0.9 we have to migrate it on another server which having Plesk 12.5 . I have created configuration backup file from plesk 11.0.9 & trying to restore it on plesk 12.5, we are getting issue while Mapping IP address. its not going to next step. We have 1 TB data on plesk (more than 500 Websites).

also help me with migration tools.

can u please help us to migrate data?

we are migrating our production server to Azure, our team is asking us for safe migration. while installing plesk 12.5 was showing stable. so we have installed 12.5 version of Plesk. Plesk Onyx is stable ??

We are moving to Azure. so which Plesk version we have to use for Azure. we are moving our production servers which having more than 500 Websites along with 1TB data.

But It will take longer time to migrate huge data, our websites are being updated regular basis, we don't want to suspend websites till migration completes. we requires minimum down time while migration.

After completing migration process you will be able to sync all changed data to new server (Re-sync button). So, you will have complete copy with all latest changes.

I am trying to use backup-restore option for now. restoring configuration file on New server (upgraded version Plesk Onyx). but its not going next step & stuck on IP Mapping screen. IP Mapping.jpg

Known Issues and Limitations
This section describes known issues and limitations of Plesk Migrator.

General known issues and limitations
  • When migrating from Plesk 8 to Plesk 12 or later, a customer may find that a control or feature that was available to him or her on the source server is no longer available on the destination server. Due to a new permission model, certain permissions can be revoked because they depend on a different permission. For example, a customer may become unable to manage web statistics if the “Hosting settings management“ permission is not granted.
  • On Windows, MySQL stored procedures are not migrated for some older MySQL versions (specifically, MySQL 5.1).
  • After migration, domains owned by a subscription that has been previously migrated and then suspended cannot be enabled.
  • Migration from Plesk on FreeBSD is not supported.
  • Migration from Parallels Small Business Panel is not supported. Use custom migration instead.
  • On Windows, custom error documents configured for a virtual directory pointing to the document root of a web site are not migrated.
  • Mail settings and content configured on the subdomain level are not migrated.

in above highlighted line its showing Parallels small business Panell is not supported for migration. Currently I am using 11.0.9 version of Parallel plesk. Is it compatible to migrate to onyx???

If I correctly understood, you have Plesk 11.0.9 version, but not Parallels Small Buisiness Panel, right? Migration from Plesk 11.0.9 version is supported.

Yes, I confirm that you have Plesk 11.0.9 version for Windows. It is not Small Buisiness Panel.

Back