• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Migration tool does not backup MySQL views

Tozz

Regular Pleskian
Description
When migrating a website running Magento, the migrated website will not function as the migration proces does not dump MySQL views. We see this issue on some, but not all, Magento sites. It could be that views are not used by default in Magento or perhaps in just a module. However, views should be migrated regardless.

Version
Plesk Onyx on Debian Jessie with all updates for both Debian as Plesk installed.

How to reproduce?
1. Create a view in MySQL in a database belonging to a subscription.
2. Migrate the subscription to another server.
3. Notice that all your data in the MySQL database is migrated, except for the views

Expected result
I expect a 1:1 copy.

Fix
Plesk should dump databases with the --routines parameter in 'mysqldump'.

A manual dump with the --routines parameter solves the issue, so it seems Plesk does not include this parameter.

Notes:
Dumping routines required SELECT on mysql.proc, this probably means the dump should be done as the MySQL root user.

Hello!
Thank you for your clear, full report!
I was not able to reproduce your problem on our testing environment: I`ve successfully migrated database with several views between 12.5 and Onyx. Also, Plesk Migrator uses --routines parameter(if source mysqldump supports this option) and creates dumps under admin and as I see from your message, your mysqldump on source supports this option. So, please, provide ssh access to your source and target servers in private conversation(if it possible) or create support ticket, we`ll investigate the problem.

Back