• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Migration tool ( Migrating between GoogleCloudPlatfrom)

Furkan

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

i'am trying yo transfer my websites using via plesk migration tool, before i used this extension but now i couldn't understand what is the proplem i'am getting those erros:

Unable to login to the source server 'source' (35.227.27.42) by SSH service: administrator login and/or password are not correct.
Set valid SSH credentials for the server and click "Prepare migration".

Also my root name is : admin
pass: my pass

i can login direct plesk control webhsot panel. so pass and admin name is curtenly true..

If I understand correctly, it is not possible to log in as a root account by default, but you can enable it.

For example, if you use ubuntu, you must:
  1. edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and comment out the following line:

Code:
    PermitRootLogin without-password

2. And below that, add the following line:

Code:
    PermitRootLogin yes

3. Restart SSH using the following command

Code:
    PermitRootLogin yes

Take care.

If I understand correctly, it is not possible to log in as a root account by default, but you can enable it.

For example, if you use ubuntu, you must:
  1. edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and comment out the following line:

Code:
    PermitRootLogin without-password

2. And below that, add the following line:

Code:
    PermitRootLogin yes

3. Restart SSH using the following command

Code:
    PermitRootLogin yes

Take care.

İ am using plesk on centos so via google cloud launcher... itryed before and this extension working good?

Can you explain in detail ( for google cloud computin deployment manager ) what I need to do?

How can i create ssh key in plesk panel or cloud panel, so how can i permit root login via ssh? give me a guide? please

Are you using your actual root credentials? Sounds like you’re trying to use your Plesk admin credentials....

You’ll need the previous host to provide the actual root credentials to have a successful migration.

i have two plesk panel diffrent mail adress same password like this
plesk1webhosted.
username: admin
password: mypass

plesk2 webhosted.
username: admin
password: mypass

i am getting thoose errors:

veTMTaK
2z08USy
t8w5O2n
Z0bHdB6
PoKfYgx
https://imgur.com/gallery/DMfb5

Imgur

Unable to login to the source server 'source' (35.227.27.42) by SSH service: administrator login and/or password are not correct.
Set valid SSH credentials for the server and click "Prepare migration".

password is true . i can login this pass and infos previous plesk

Admin is not Root. That’s your issue. You’ll need to contact your host for root credentials.

İts impossible to contact google cloud crew , please help how can i do ssh permittion.. any link or any video?

i am using mac os i'm opening terminal but i dont know what i write there:(
A prerequisite to all of this, of course, is that you must know what a "root connection" is and how to begin an SSH connection to your servers. However, assuming there is just a language barrier, this is where you will need to start:
Connecting to Instances  |  Compute Engine Documentation  |  Google Cloud

The Google Cloud servers may not have any outside SSH access until you turn it on in the settings.
You'll need to create SSH Keys inside your instance. Learn how to do that here:
https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/adding-removing-ssh-keys

You can gain access by going into your instance settings here and turning on "SSH":
Google Cloud Platform

You need to figure out how to create shared key (ssh without password) access on the source server that can be accessed from the destination server.
Plesk Migrator is started on the destination server, and it "pulls" everything from the old server to the new one. Once you can ssh into the old server from the new one, you'll be ready to start the Migrator.

A prerequisite to all of this, of course, is that you must know what a "root connection" is and how to begin an SSH connection to your servers. However, assuming there is just a language barrier, this is where you will need to start:
Connecting to Instances | Compute Engine Documentation | Google Cloud

The Google Cloud servers may not have any outside SSH access until you turn it on in the settings.
You'll need to create SSH Keys inside your instance. Learn how to do that here:
Managing SSH keys in Metadata  |  Compute Engine Documentation  |  Google Cloud

You can gain access by going into your instance settings here and turning on "SSH":
Google Cloud Platform

You need to figure out how to create shared key (ssh without password) access on the source server that can be accessed from the destination server.
Plesk Migrator is started on the destination server, and it "pulls" everything from the old server to the new one. Once you can ssh into the old server from the new one, you'll be ready to start the Migrator.

Yess! I'am looking for this manual. So i think that this is the best answer for me... 3 days since i haven't slept.

Thank You!

Thank You!

still not working:(

Plesk Migrator returned non-zero exit code

COMMAND: '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator' 'generate-migration-list' '/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20180409072129/config.ini' '--migration-list-format=json' '--migration-list-file=/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20180409072129/migration-list-raw.json' '--skip-services-checks' '--include-existing-subscriptions' '--async' '--overwrite' '--reload-source-data'

EXIT CODE: 1

STDOUT:
[2018-04-09 07:21:30][INFO] Initialize Plesk Migrator
[2018-04-09 07:21:30][INFO] Target Plesk host: 10.132.0.2
[2018-04-09 07:21:30][ERROR] Specified SSH key file does not exist. Please specify valid filename for private SSH key and restart migration.

STDERR:

getting still those errors:

i want to login via my admin and password.. i dont want ssh. i did before. how can i solve this problem via admin and admin pass information. i said that, i dont want ssh setting. my eyes will blind.

Will you help me since 5 day i couldn't find any slove method:/ .

i am getting toose errors:

Plesk Migrator returned non-zero exit code

COMMAND: '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator' 'generate-migration-list' '/opt/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20180409212827/config.ini' '--migration-list-format=json' '--migration-list-file=/opt/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20180409212827/migration-list-raw.json' '--skip-services-checks' '--include-existing-subscriptions' '--async' '--overwrite' '--reload-source-data'

EXIT CODE: 1

STDOUT:
[2018-04-09 21:29:03][INFO] Initialize Plesk Migrator
[2018-04-09 21:29:04][INFO] Target Plesk host: 10.132.0.3
[2018-04-09 21:29:04][ERROR] Specified SSH key file does not exist. Please specify valid filename for private SSH key and restart migration.

STDERR:

[2018-04-09 21:29:04][INFO] Target Plesk host: 10.132.0.3

Well, about all I can tell with this is that this IP address (10.132.0.3) is a Google Compute Engine internal IP address, and unless specially configured can't be used to SSH between GCE instances. I never used any other method than the SSH access in Plesk migrator. If you are still trying to figure this out, make sure you set your GCE external IP addresses to "static" and use only the external addresses for migrating.

i set it up external ip so static ip, and i try migration as a root again, and getting same error..

Make sure these settings are correct in this file on the target (source/old) server: /etc/ssh/sshd_config
###########################
Port 22
PermitRootLogin yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys
UseDNS no
AllowUsers root
###########################

By the way, the "target server" Plesk refers to in these settings is actually the source server, not the destination (new) server. It is a bit ambiguous.

make sure Port 22 is open in the firewall of the target server as well. This has to be done in your GCE settings here:
Google Cloud Platform

I noticed you made the key pair in your GCE admin user directory, but specified the "root" directory in your Plesk settings for the key file.

Did you make your key set on the source server or the destination server? You need to make the key pair on the destination server, and copy the rsa.pub data to the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file on the source server.

Back