• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Plesk Migrator Database - unhashable type: 'list'

WebHostingAce

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 Update #2
I'm experiencing database import issue with the Plesk Migrator.

Log -
---
Failed to copy content of database 'mage2-database'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: unhashable type: 'list'
---

Plesk Migrator version is 2.26.4-1467.

The above error is when attempting to migrate from CentOS 7 to AlmaLinux 8.10.

There is a different error when attempting to migrate from AlmaLinux 8.10 to AlmaLinux 8.10

---
Failed to check MySQL InnoDB strict mode.
Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) with non-zero exit code.
command: mysql -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin -p'***hidden***' --silent --skip-column-names -e 'SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '"'"'innodb_strict_mode'"'"''
exit code: 1
stdout:
stderr: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
---

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. Our team is currently investigating the issue. I will update you as soon as there is more information.

Confirmed here as well, CentOS 7.9 cPanel migration to AlmaLinux 8.6.

Working last night. This morning, same operation: "Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: unhashable type: 'list'"

Ugh! Right in the middle of a time sensitive migration.

I'd like to point out that the migration tool has been an absolute nightmare the past few months. Plesk seems to be altering it with woefully inadequate software testing before release, which makes me worry about what else is being shipped without proper testing that could be more security critical.

We're running into this same error today as well.

We've also recently been dealing with:

Code:
Unable to create subscription 'domain'.
cannot use a string pattern on a bytes-like object

and no, that's not related to the other similar "bytes-like object" failure related to extensions, which is also only a few days old:

Back in February migrations began failing because of "stderr: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" which was ultimately found to be due to a change that was incompatible with source mysql servers where "skip-name-resolve" had been added to the config for the performance improvement from not doing a DNS lookup for each new connection. So we began having to turn that back on during migrations.

At some point in the past six to eight months /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/utils/database_utils.py was modified in a way that is incompatible with source mysql servers that do not support the utf8mb4 charset extensions, because the updated migration tool issues mb4-specific commands that fail on older versions of mariadb/mysql. We've begun having to edit the file and put it back for each migration.

We continue to have failures using the 'simple' migration tool if a site is going from dedicated IP on source server to shared IP on target server. Those require going into advanced mode, doing a new mapping to 'any shared ip' and then re-running the migration.

It's endless, and very time consuming.

Everyone, thank you for reporting the issue. The bug is identified with ID PMT-5371. We will do our best to release a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, the workaround we can suggest is to use the older version of the extension (which is powered by Python2):

panel-migrator.zip

I am also attaching the support article for the workaround:

It looks like you also rolled the "unhashable type list" fix to the latest version. I updated the extension via the Plesk Extension control panel page, and my migrations are working properly again.

Thank you.

Plesk Migrator 2.26.5-1475 - (22 August 2024)

When migrating from AlmaLinux 8.10 to AlmaLinux 8.10,

In the "Migration results - overall"

We have,

[23 Aug 2024 12:05:06] Pre-migration checks
Failed to check MySQL InnoDB strict mode.
Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) with non-zero exit code.
command: mysql -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin -p'***hidden***' --silent --skip-column-names -e 'SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '"'"'innodb_strict_mode'"'"''
exit code: 1
stdout:
stderr: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Both servers running MariaDB.

Back