1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk modules and PBAS integration

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by SzczepanR, Dec 4, 2009.

1. SzczepanR

SzczepanR Guest

I want to integrate Plesk module with PBAS to be able to automatically create Plesk VEs. Some modules are already installed that way: Samba, Watchdog etc.

How to achieve this?

This question could be for Vz or PBAS forum, to be honest I am not sure where to put it.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Well. It is really more PBAS and VZ related question than Plesk. But I can say that you can use Virtuozzo templates on Plesk modules like

plesk9-psa-vpn
    plesk9-battlefield
    plesk9-cs-gs
    etc.

create needed hosting plan with included these modules templates and use it in PBAS for creation containers with Plesk and needed Plesk modules.

3. SzczepanR

SzczepanR Guest

That's exactly what I want to do. I know how to create VZ template from packet from repository or local file, but I don't know how to make Plesk recognize that as a module.

4. IgorG

24%
    Why do you think that you should create own templates with Plesk modules? Why you can't use already existing our Virtuozzo templates with Plesk modules? Just install it to container and use modules in Plesk. Nothing special for recognizing.

5. SzczepanR

SzczepanR Guest

I suppose I understand now. I must have been blind :)

I create RPM/DEB etc. package with Plesk module, then I create from it EZ package for Vz. Everything is clear now. Thanks for your patience :)

6. IgorG

24%
    Once again - you shouldn't create EZ template with Plesk modules by yourself! You can use our already existing templates :)

7. SzczepanR

SzczepanR Guest

Ok, unless it is our custom code :)

8. IgorG

24%
    Right, if you have own custom Plesk modules, you can create own EZ templates for these modules.