• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue plesk multi domain smtp greetings

chrisfossey

New Pleskian
Hello all,
I'm new to plesk and have only just setup 3 domains on my vps with email per domain.

I have set up dedicated ip's for plesk and my domains and set ptr on my host(123-reg) and 3 domains have email setup and in server-wide mail settings > Outgoing mail mode is set to "Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting" and as such I would assume that the smtp greetings would reflect each domain but all my smtp greetings from any domain contain my vps hostname instead of my related domain.

is this how it is meant to work ? or is it a bug or mistake I have made myself.

Any help with this problem would be amazing.

Regards
CHris

Hello,

is this how it is meant to work ?
Somehow yes, your Plesk server act as a mail server and uses hostname to identify itself to other servers and uses your main domain for DKIM verification

This is my email header example

Received: from yourdomain.tld (unknown [IPv6:::]) by serverhostname.yourdomain.tld (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id XXXXXXXXXX for <[email protected]>; Fri,
Authentication-Results: serverhostname.yourdomain.tld; spf=pass (sender IP6 is :::) smtp.mailfrom=[email protected] smtp.helo=yourdomain.tld
Received-SPF: pass (serverhostname.yourdomain.tld: connection is authenticated)

I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem for you. we have some other issues related to the mail server, maybe you'll hear better answer from others.

Hello Hextrator,
Thank you for the reply, currently I am getting bounce back from the likes of gmail and hotmail when my emails contain sales/invoice related info, I assumes that when you set up a multi domain server on a vps that the host would divert the info to the correct mail server on the vps to allow for correct security checks to be performed but this does not seem to be the case, is this a problem that all vps's would suffer from of just the plesk variety and or what is the solution if you want to run more than one email domain e.g buy more vps's ?.

p.s if i did not understand your answer from my reply you may need to simplify your answer, only been doing this 3 weeks.

Thank you again for all the help.

Regards
Chris

Back