• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Nginx

CyberEdge_Alan

Basic Pleskian
I don't know if it's just me or a certain why Nginx and Apache need to be started but after updating the recent patches and restarting Nginx and Apache it seems that my server is throwing random Forbidden 403 pages but when Nginx is disabled everything works fine and doesn't throw these errors. Any ideas?

Do you have Ubuntu and Error 403 Forbidden for all new domains?
In this case try to add "nginx" user to "psaserv" group manually.

Ive been keeping nginx disabled. I havent tried any new domains but it just happens random you can just refresh a few times and eventually the site will come up. Yesterday was the worst ive seen it and just had to disable nginx as i narrowed down to nginx as the cause of the issue. I will try adding it to that group tonight may also try removing it and reinstalling it. Any other ideas?

Any other ideas?
Yes, disable Nginx especially if you are a hosting company with multiple domain names on your server, you don't want to take chances on your uptime!.

I know that, im just asking for ways to resolve the issue as in what can help determine the cause. Its as if theres something wrong in the configuration. The site can be working fine one minute the next forbidden. What would be causes of it to help resolve the issue so i can turn nginx back on.

Back