• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk not responding from CenturyLink

Pat Brown

New Pleskian
Hi guys,
I have an odd situation. We have a Plesk server running. The ISP is ATT. The website works perfectly from most of the world. But from my house and my neighbors house it times out. We both us CenturyLink as that's the only ISP available in our small town.

We added a NIC card to the Plesk server and set it up on our Charter account. Again works from the rest of the world, but not from my house or my neighbors house. I setup another Linux server with Apache, but not Plesk and I can connect with no issues. I can SSH into the Plesk server, but the websites don't work. I've tried from Windows and Linux machines as well as Firefox, Chrome and IE browsers. It just times out. I also tried wget, same result.

It has to be related to Plesk because we have multiple Windows and Linux servers spread across 4 ISP's (including these two) that do not have any issues. But it also seems to be something with CenturyLink because I can only reproduce the problem from there.

There are no logs at the server when the timeout occurs.

I have no clue what else to look for. I have looked at the Plesk firewall, tested that another machine works from the Charter address, etc.

Any ideas? This is the only thing keeping us from putting this server into production.

Have you tried to disable ModSecurity and fail2ban Plesk features?

Back