• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk on Debian 7.7

Dennis_De_Matteis

New Pleskian
Hi,

i am currently running Debian 7.7 and Plesk Panel 11.0.9 on my machine. As I learned later (after the dist-upgrade) Debian 7.7 is not officially supported by parallels. Neither for Panel 11.0.9 nor for the newest panel version. Still i need to upgrade from 11.0.9 since there are some major security issues with that version.

Sadly the unsupported system configuration broke the autoupdater. From within the Plesk panel it is not possible to access the update system. I've tried to use the autoinstaller from the command line without any success. It complains about broken dependencies.

If I try to install panel version 12.0.18 from command line by using the installer or adding the repository in my /etc/apt/sources.list it complains about Debian 7.7, since only 7.0 is supported...
So i tried to override the version to 7.0 with
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --override-os-version 7.0
I also run into problems since i have a different mySQL Server version installed then plesk expects. It stops because of broken dependencies as well.

Do you have any hints for me?

Regards,

Dennis

Do you have any problems with Plesk operation on this system? If all works fine - try to migrate this server to new with Plesk 12 with help of Plesk Migration Manager.

The Server itself works fine. I installed plesk once with debian 5.0, made 2 dist-upgrades since then. First to 6.0 and later to 7.0. All functionality inside the panel is intact but of course the autoupdater is broken.

By "migrating" you mean exporting each single domain, reinstall the server to debian 7.0, install panel version 12.0.18 and import the domains?

No. Install new Plesk 12 server and migrate all content from old Plesk 11 server to new with PMM.

Back