• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk on Hosted Server

C

Corsoft

I am using Godaddy for hosting. One of my new servers is running Windows 2008 Server. When I access any ASPX page, I get an error: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)). If I access any HTM or ASP page, than it works fine. What permissions am I missing?

My site is also running on an older server, also at Godaddy. The older server has Windows 2003 Server for OS. Both of my servers have Plesk -- they look different so I presume that the newer server has new Plesk Panel (How can I check the version of Plesk?)

Any pointers on how I could resolve this Access is denied problem for ASPX pages would be greatly appreciated.

Chirag

Hello,

Please check the permisson for Application pool identity on the site.

Please pardon my lack of knowledge but how do I check this permission for application pool identity? And what should it be set to? Thanks.

Chirag

In IIS click on Application pools. located in the top left above sites. If your site is using its own pool then the idenity would be IWPC_'# username' . You can see this by right clicking and clicking on 'Advanced Settings' but I think reconfiguring the site in IIS may correct this.

%plesk_bin%/websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com

Thank you Alex for your message. When the site was created using Plesk Control Panel, IIS Application Pool: Use Dedicated Pool option was enabled. Following your steps, I see identity for my site is set to IWPD_#(username).
I did not understand what you suggested in Advanced Settings.

I attempted to reconfigure the site via the command line syntax provided and substituted domain.com with my domain name in "host-name=domain.com". But I still see: "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))". Any suggestions?

This is a wrong permission issue caused by Plesk. There are few threads on this but Plesk Support has not yet identified a step-by-step solution on how to correct it.

Can someone please provide a step-by-step instruction? That would be a great help (for me and many others).

Apparently, this is a known issue with Windows 2008 R2. Groups 'psacln' and 'psaadm' have 'deny' permission on C:\Windows\assembly. The problem can be resolved by launching these two commands from a command prompt:

cacls C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL /E /R psacln /T /C
cacls C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL /E /R psaadm /T /C

Igor contributed to this resolution. Many thanks Igor. I greatly appreciate your support. This works very well.

Back