• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk only creates non www version of subdomains, ERR: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

gcdevhost

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Web Host
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to plesk, just migrated from WHM/Cpanel.

My issue is, unlike cPanel, when I create a subdomain i.e. test.domain.com

Plesk doesn't automatically create www.test.domain.com

test.domain.com works fine. But if a client tries to access www.test.domain.com, he will get DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

My question is: Can this be solved, so both records will be created automatically, without manually adding www version each time?

Thank you

By default when you create a sub domain, the DNS for the sub domain itself will be turned off since the DNS of the primary domain would be the one handling requests. Plus there's usually no need to have a WWW to a subdomain (like www.something.domain.tld). If you want you can always just enable the DNS on the sub domain which will add the same default records, but otherwise it doesn't work that way.

By default when you create a sub domain, the DNS for the sub domain itself will be turned off since the DNS of the primary domain would be the one handling requests. Plus there's usually no need to have a WWW to a subdomain (like www.something.domain.tld). If you want you can always just enable the DNS on the sub domain which will add the same default records, but otherwise it doesn't work that way.
Alright! Thank you so much

I use DNS managed by the hosting provider. So I added an A record.
Type A
Name webmail
Priority 0
Content MyVPS_IP
TTL 14400
I can access webmail.mydomainname.com
Hope this information is useful.

Back