• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved plesk only keeps the last backup

helpchrisplz

Basic Pleskian
My weekly backup is not working as expected because plesk is only keeping the files for the last backup.

backup.JPG

Prior to this becoming a problem (but not sure if it is why): I did change my backup directory using these instructions:
https://kb.plesk.com/en/5816

When i look into my custom backup folder location (/mnt/storage/plesk_backups) with filezilla i can only see files for the last backup to run. So it is removing them.

My backup settings:
backup_settings.JPG

Can anyone help make it remember the old backups as i would like to have as many points to restore from as possible.

Thanks.

Hello. Could you please provide more details?
Was the backup 'Oct 29...' made before DUMP_D changing?
Did you copy content from /var/lib/psa/dumps to /mnt/storage/plesk_backups after changing DUMP_D? If you did not please try to do it by 'cp -rT /var/lib/psa/dump /mnt/storage/plesk_backups'.

Hi Sergey. Oct 29 was not made before changing the location.
I changed the location a month before Oct 29 was created.

I do have one old backup stored in the old default DUMP_D location that was created before i changed the DUMP_D location. This backup would have been created a month before the 'Oct 29...' backup.

Thanks.

Could you please provide settings from 'Scheduled Backup Settings' page (HomeTools & Settings > Backup Manager > Scheduled Backup Settings)?
Could you please try to find any errors in migration.result, migration.log, psadump.log inside /usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/2016-10-29-0205xx.xxx/.
Could you please check pmmcli.log for actions which may leads to backup removing by following command:
grep -R -E "rotat|delete|remove" /var/log/plesk/PMM/*pmmcli*

OK my bad i didnt know that I had an incorrect setting in: HomeTools & Settings > Backup Manager > Scheduled Backup Settings
Keep backup files for *: was set to 1 week.

Sorry :S

Back