• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 auto update fails

Since quite some time I have this error at the Plesk overview panel.

"Failed to update Plesk. To solve this problem, you can send the update log to Plesk support. View the update logs (Sept 3, 2017). Copy the logs to your computer before you close this message. To close this message, click here."

When checking the update log, the following appears:

"Execution failed.
Command: autoinstaller
Arguments: Array
(
[0] => --select-product-id
[1] => plesk
[2] => --select-release-current
[3] => --upgrade-installed-components
)

Details: WARNING: Ignored deprecated parameter in Plesk Installer's configuration file: 'SOURCE_TYPE' = 'network'
WARNING: Ignored deprecated parameter in Plesk Installer's configuration file: 'SOURCE_TYPE' = 'network'
Doing restart of Plesk Installer...
WARNING: Ignored deprecated parameter in Plesk Installer's configuration file: 'SOURCE_TYPE' = 'network'
Downloading file products.inf3: 0%
Downloading file products.inf3: server response timeout. Will retry in 3 second(s)...
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 1 of 3): 0%
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 1 of 3): server response timeout. Will retry in 7 second(s)...
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 2 of 3): 0%
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 2 of 3): server response timeout. Will retry in 15 second(s)...
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 3 of 3): 0%
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 3 of 3): server response timeout
Downloading file versions.inf3: 0%
Downloading file versions.inf3: server response timeout. Will retry in 3 second(s)...
Downloading file versions.inf3 (retry 1 of 3): 0%
Downloading file versions.inf3 (retry 1 of 3): server response timeout. Will retry in 7 second(s)...
Downloading file versions.inf3 (retry 2 of 3): 0%
Downloading file versions.inf3 (retry 2 of 3): server response timeout. Will retry in 15 second(s)...
Downloading file versions.inf3 (retry 3 of 3): 0%
Downloading file versions.inf3 (retry 3 of 3): server response timeout

ERROR: Failed to read product information from the file : Can't process products.inf3: Failed to download the file ftp://parallels.mirrors.ovh.net/parallels/products.inf3:
server response timeout

Can't process versions.inf3: Failed to download the file ftp://parallels.mirrors.ovh.net/parallels/versions.inf3:
server response timeout

Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try to install the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance."

First I did some research on the forums. I checked my 'etc/hosts' and it gave me this:

# cat hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
188.165.231.126 ns213865.ip-188-165-231.eu ns213865

So I tried to run the update myself over SSH with the command provided in one of the threads, to no avail. It got stuck on 'Downloading file products.inf3: 0%'

My question is: What do I need to change to make it download properly, so it can install the Plesk updates again?
The system is running linux Centos 6.5

Hi IT der D.S.R.V. Laga,

ERROR: Failed to read product information from the file : Can't process products.inf3: Failed to download the file ftp://parallels.mirrors.ovh.net/parallels/products.inf3:
server response timeout

Can't process versions.inf3: Failed to download the file ftp://parallels.mirrors.ovh.net/parallels/versions.inf3:
server response timeout

As you can see, you are using an OVH mirror, instead of the Plesk mirrors. Pls. see for example:

... to solve your issues/errors/problems with OVH mirrors.

Dear UFHH01,

I opened port 8447 manually (8443 already worked fine), but now I can't seem to reach https://ns213865.ip-188-165-231.eu:8447 at all.

However, is it possible to change from the ovh mirror to the default Plesk Mirror?

Also when I try to run
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
It tells me another process is Busy

Last edited:
Hi IT der D.S.R.V. Laga,

but now I can't seem to reach ...
Actually, you "normally" don't open the URL manually, as you would use:
=> https://YOUR-HOSTNAME-URL:8443/admin/update/product/ from your Plesk Control Panel => HOME > Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades
... which then redirects you to
=> https://YOUR-HOSTNAME-URL:8447/summary.html ... as soon as the webinstaller starts and uses port 8447. ;)

I tells me another process is Busy
There is only ONE installer process allowed, so pls. check with
Code:
ps aux | grep installer
for existent installer - processes and wait for them to be finished, before you manually use the command:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
... or kill ( orphaned ) processes with the command:
Code:
kill -9 PID-NUMBER-AS-SHOWN-WITH-THE-PREVIOUS-PS-COMMAND

However, is it possible to change from the ovh mirror to the default Plesk Mirror?
Sure. Pls. watch out for additional mirror configurations, which are for example at
Code:
/root/.autoinstallerrc
... and either rename/move the file

Example:
Code:
mv /root/.autoinstallerrc /root/autoinstallerrc_backup
... or edit it to your needs.

Another way is to use the command option "--source":

Example:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components --source http://autoinstall.plesk.com/

Another way is to use the command option "--source":

Example:
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components --source http://autoinstall.plesk.com/

This worked great!
I'll be sure to modify to the correct mirror later on, but this saved the day!

Back