• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Onyx 17.5 is now officially released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce that Plesk Onyx 17.5 is now officially out and available for installation! To browse the list of new features, latest supported OSes and components, refer to Plesk Onyx 17.5 Release Notes: http://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/current/whats-new/

We would like to hear your opinion about Plesk Onyx 17.5, especially if you're deploying it on production servers - please let us know what are your favorite features in this release and what would you like to see in the next Plesk version.

Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce that Plesk Onyx 17.5 is now officially out and available for installation! To browse the list of new features, latest supported OSes and components, refer to Plesk Onyx 17.5 Release Notes: http://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/current/whats-new/

We would like to hear your opinion about Plesk Onyx 17.5, especially if you're deploying it on production servers - please let us know what are your favorite features in this release and what would you like to see in the next Plesk version.

Hey Igor,

i'm running Plesk 10.0.17 Update 20 and facing the FTPS-Backup bug.
I tried to update to Plesk 17.5 but it's not available in the Plesk installer.

Is there an possibility to force the upgrade to 17.5?

I'm running Plesk on an Ubuntu 14.04 system.

Thanks!

I don't show this in the Plesk interface installer either. Is 17.5 considered "stable" like 17.0.17?

Hi G J Piper,

Is 17.5 considered "stable" like 17.0.17?
No, this release is certainly (not yet) stable and you will see this only over the Plesk Control Panel, when you use the option "Early adopter release" in your settings at => Home > Tools & Settings > Update and Upgrade Settings

If you still desire to install the relase on a production server, pls. be informed, that such releases may still have a few bugs here and there.

Another method of installing/upgrading the releases, is to use the command line ( as user "root" ):

plesk installer --all-versions

or

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --all-versions

Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce that Plesk Onyx 17.5 is now officially out and available for installation! To browse the list of new features, latest supported OSes and components, refer to Plesk Onyx 17.5 Release Notes: What's New in Plesk

Hello Plesk (Igor),

I am loving the new Onyx installation. Lost one of my Plesk production servers lately due to half-assed firewall configurations and software management. When upgrading to Plesk Onyx I was pleased to notice that features like Fail2Ban, Watchdog (Monit and rkhunter), firewall, ModSecurity, DNSSEC, etc.. Were already integrated and preconfigured, install with the click of a button.
Because I felt I didn't have enough protection and oversight I added Maltrail manually to Plesk. Writing jails and filters for the observed behaviour was easily done through the Plesk interface. I also find the (Plesk) interface useful to check if the IP address was in fact banned (and by which jails).

I've installed Plesk Onyx on a Debian that upgraded from 7 to 8 and it runs very smooth. No issues there.

For me LetsEncrypt SSL certificates and auto-renewal are very useful because it saves me from having to insert and renew certificates manually. However some of my whitelisted domains still need to be manually updated because the whitelist does not allow LE IP's. LE auto-renewal IP's change so now and then and I haven't found a suitable solution yet. Also it might be useful to preconfigure the webmail.example.com domains to be able to automatically renew themselves without having to turn the mail off or configure Nginx with a rule. Or have a checkbox to configure this for the subdomain. Currently the webmail catches the renewal process and it fails.

So far I haven't been able to get docker running (even with the updated kernel 3.10+). But I expect this to be a problem with my hosting providers virtualization software. You might want to add some extra warning in the documentation about the minimum requirements for the virtualization software the hosting company uses.

Things I think might need some attention:
- rkHunter is running version 1.3.4 (think I read somewhere this was going to update).
- LetsEncrypt being able to auto-renew proxied domains. For example by ignoring the proxy.
- Running web applications without having to configure Nginx/Apache (I know this is difficult because it's prone to change).
- Whitelisting certain domains

So far I am very pleased.

Kind regards,
Neodork

Edit: Move me to 17.0 Onyx feedback thread!

Last edited:

Also I tried to replace my CI with the new git functionality but I am missing some key features. I think if these would be incorporated into the deployment process it would be able to replace my CI:

- Additional deploy actions don't return feedback (log of what happened). Which makes it hard to debug (or simply check) what happened when you deploy.
- Unable to determine if the deploy continues when an error occurs (in additional deploy actions) or if it just forces itself onto the new code (looks like forcing).
- Backing up the database before deploy, and returning it to the backed up state if the deploy fails (when doing additional deploy actions).
- Configuration file management (for overwriting/specifying environment specific configuration files)

Things I did like:
- Instant deployment key generation.
- Instant webhook url creation.
- Being able to see commit messages in plesk.
- Deployment options (No deploy, Manual, Auto).
(basically everything it has)

Kind regards,
Neodork

Edit: Move me to 17.0 Onyx feedback thread!

Last edited:
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS Plesk 7.0.17 #20 system updated+upgraded+dist-upgrade today.
Production server successfully upgraded to Plesk 7.5.3 #1
First over Panel only the Installer Update was installed (Screenshot)
Running white page.
Then I tried the installation over Shell.
Got the following message:
There are 2 packages required for the product to function properly which
were not found in your system.

There are 55 packages that need to be upgraded
in order to install the product.

Available actions:
(F) Go forward
(B) Go back
(Q) Cancel installation
(S) Show the list of packages

Select an action [F/b/q/s]: q
I decided to better quit the installation because of the risk to have not a stable system according to the 2 required packages.
After # reboot
the normal installation over update/upgrade panel was successful.

Greets and thanks to Plesk for great new features and design...

Attachments

• First Step Updating Plesk-Installer.jpg
    First Step Updating Plesk-Installer.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Tried to upgrade plesk from current 17 via console to the new 17.5 :

Preparing Your System for Product Installation
===============================================================================
There are 2 packages required for the product to function properly which were not found in your system.

There are 62 packages that need to be upgraded in order to install the product.</code

> Resulted in an error:

Fatal error during packages installation: [u'ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:', 'mariadb-server >= 5.0.60 is needed by plesk-mysql-server-17.5.3-cos7.build1705170317.16.x86_64']
YumRPMCheckError: [u'ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:', 'mariadb-server >= 5.0.60 is needed by plesk-mysql-server-17.5.3-cos7.build1705170317.16.x86_64']

ERROR: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please contact product technical support.
exit status 1

> I think this is due to I use Percona MySQL instead of MariaDB. Any idea / workaround to get the update on CentOS 7.3 ?

Best regards

One thing I noticed when installed the update to 17.5 (I am back to 17.0.17) was that I was not able to select and SAVE :
Service Plans - Hosting Plans - PHP settings:
"FPM handler served by nginx"
It would always revert back to "served by Apache".
Tested with various php versions (OS, 7.0 and 7.13 on Ubuntu 16.04
Unfortunately I don't have any logs ( I am totally new to plesk, was using EasyEngine prior to my switch).
Currently using:
OS ‪Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #20, last updated on Mar 26, 2017 06:05 PM

was that I was not able to select and SAVE :
Service Plans - Hosting Plans - PHP settings:
"FPM handler served by nginx"
It would always revert back to "served by Apache".
Tested with various php versions (OS, 7.0 and 7.13 on Ubuntu 16.04
Unconfirmed on our Ubuntu - servers.

Okay, so there must be a problem strictly related to my setup? What a pity, but then again I am happy for the community it is not a bug.
To be more specific, I was able to save the settings but going back to the settings after a while would show "served by Apache"...I am sure you checked the proper settings is still there after a while? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back