• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Onyx 17.8 is now officially released!

IgorG

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Certified Professional
Dear Pleskians,

We are happy to announce that Plesk Onyx 17.8 is now officially out and available for installation! To browse the list of new features, latest supported OSes and components, refer to Plesk Onyx 17.8 Release Notes: What's New in Plesk

We would like to hear your opinion about Plesk Onyx 17.8, especially if you're deploying it on production servers - please let us know what are your favourite features in this release and what would you like to see in the next Plesk version.

A few explanations.

We switched Plesk 17.8 to GA (General Availability), this means:

Plesk 17.8 is available now as an upgrade option for all Plesk servers, which are compatible with it in terms of direct (in-place) upgrade.

The compatibility means that all of the following conditions are satisfied:
  • OS is supported by 17.8
  • OS version is supported by 17.8
  • OS arch is 64bit
  • Plesk version is 12.x or 17.x
When you run Plesk Installer you will (plesk-installer in case of Linux or plesk-installer.exe in case of Windows) you will see:
  • Plesk Onyx 17.8default option (but it’s NOT stable yet, it should become stable in Jun, 2018)
  • Plesk 17.5 – is stable, but not default option
When you run one-click-installer then w/o any additional questions Plesk Onyx 17.8 will be installed if you have server with OS + OS version + OS arch=64 supported by Plesk 17.8 Onyx.

Note: see Software requirements

Upgraded my Google Compute Engine CentOS7 production server from Plesk 7.5.3 to 7.8.11 yesterday when the panel alerted me it was available. Everything went smoothly except for one thing to watch out for: The install inexplicably changed all the vhost /cgi-bin/ directories from chmod 755 to 750 and none of the CGI scripts they contained were functioning immediately after the upgrade. A quick manual change back to 755 fixed the problem and everything seems to be working well. Just a heads-up.

Only one thing is a bit annoying now, but this is in the Wordpress Extension: I don't need/want the thumbnails/icons and wish the list was more compact like it used to be under Plesk 7.5.3. Seems like the whole extensions toolbox is a bit more clunky now, but I'm not one for fancy navigation eye-candy and am a minimalist at heart.

Good job over-all!

Only one thing is a bit annoying now, but this is in the Wordpress Extension: I don't need/want the thumbnails/icons and wish the list was more compact like it used to be under Plesk 7.5.3. Seems like the whole extensions toolbox is a bit more clunky now, but I'm not one for fancy navigation eye-candy and am a minimalist at heart.

Thank you for feedback! For now you can roll up card of the instances to list view by clicking "List" button on toolbar. But anyway we will take it into account and think about minimalistic list view in future.

the name won't change from 17.8.11 to another name, right? Is update #5 the GA change?
What name change did you expect?
GA status is not related to update release. There is just changing status on autoinstall.plesk.com repository.

Hi,

Done the upgrade now, first i have needed to remove the custom templates and regenerate all confs. After the update i have modificated them again.

All runs smooth at work at this point :)

What name change did you expect?
GA status is not related to update release. There is just changing status on autoinstall.plesk.com repository.

As already explained in Question - Versions 17.0.17, 17.5.3, and 17.8 ?, it is for many users rather confusing if you mix up the version 17.0, 17.5 and 17.8! How is this for instance dealt with, if there is only one manual, which should be used for all three versions?
Let's take a feature such as NGINX caching (Enabling nginx caching). From that help article you CANNOT infer that this only works on Plesk 17.8 servers! So please separate your documentation appropriately!

Back