• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move it back, I think it has something to do with automated software install.... not exactly sure.

When I move it back all the sites that connect to databases stop working. It says error connecting to the database. However, if I leave it where I moved it every works without a problem lol

I'll start stupid and just ask - You have Nginx installed, correct? HTTP/2 and Apache require some hacking.

What's the error?

Exactly what Sergio had.... this will remove it;

# dpkg -r psa-courier-unicode

So if we have sites that need mod_fcgid can I install it even know 17.8 removed it or do I need to update all my sites

It's still on my Plesk 17.8 install which was a fresh install (Apache module option is gone though);

[root@plesk ~]# rpm -qa | grep mod_fcgid
psa-mod_fcgid-2.3.9.5-centos7.18020211.x86_64

mod_php, mod_perl, mod_python Apache modules drop
  • Previously these modules were very popular and widely distributed, but nowadays usage of these components is deprecated and is not recommended. Using these modules in a shared hosting environment is a security risk for the following reasons:
    1. File security. mod_php, mod_perl, and mod_python run under the identity of Apache server itself, and therefore scripts executed by these engines can potentially access anything the server user can. For example, files containing highly confidential personal data could be read by a script from another domain.
    2. Security of database connections. DBI connections of other users can be hijacked, and since all users can read each other’s code, database usernames and passwords could be visible to every user.
    3. Potential system compromise. Security issues in the Apache code can lead to compromising the whole server in general.
  • What to do? If you are updating to Plesk Onyx 17.8 from previous Plesk versions and you have these modules installed, you will still have these modules available on your servers and will be able to manage them until you switch to a different, recommended, module like mod_fcgid. However, new Plesk Onyx 17.8 installations will not have mod_php, mod_perl, and mod_python modules available. We strongly recommend avoiding usage of these modules to keep your servers safe and secure.

2s6n9eq.png

Besides this, my Plesk 17.8.10 server updated to 17.8.11 this morning, automatically. Where are the release notes of this version?

The same happened to us. We have two servers on Debian 9.3 with Plesk 17.8.10. One of the servers was automatically updated to Plesk version 17.8.11. The other one not.

The server on 17.8.11 now lost the option "Testing release" under "Update and Upgrade settings" and was set to "General release (Recommended)" (before "Testing release").

You’re welcome, fell free to add me on skype. I’m happy to help if you get stuck during the process. Username is mmuyskens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back