• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily my ISP is backing-up my VPS every 4 hours so I could restore :). Got an email from root that told me that the upgrade has been completed successfully. Didn't want to be at preview 11 but it's fine now I guess. Only new installation will fail. At least in my case.

Last edited:
I wonder if you have a corrupted RPM database

Remove;

# cd /var/lib
# rm __db*

Rebuild;

# rpm --rebuilddb
# rpmdb_verify Packages

I wonder if you have a corrupted RPM database

Remove;

# cd /var/lib
# rm __db*

Rebuild;

# rpm --rebuilddb
# rpmdb_verify Packages

Not all these commands work on Debian? I believe CentOS uses rpm packages. And as I said, the installation also fails on a clean server and a clean server shouldn’t have corrupted rpms.

Correct me if I understood something wrong.

Well, the issue is solved. That’s why it’s closed. This man got an installed courier packages, I haven’t.
... well, the "man" it's me, and yes the issue is solved, but that's the only thread for a solved issue that is also locked!
No big deal, anyway, and we are highly OT! :)

EMERGENCY: The file /root/.my.cnf contains a password for the MySQL console client. Please remove this file temporarily and restore it after the upgrade, otherwise the upgrade will fail.

When upgrading I got this error... Why would this have a password?

Also, WARNING: There are 126 accounts with passwords encrypted using a deprecated algorithm.

I really have to update each account in the UI lol Is there no faster way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back