• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Onyx 17.8 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
@IgorG , I installed this version of Plesk to see how it works and I was very sad when I saw that you stopped supporting the Plesk 12.0 theme. This makes me very sad because I use this theme and although I understand that it will no longer have updates, will it still be possible to carry my changes when doing this update?

Or am I going to be able to make the changes I made to the Plesk 12.0 theme?

@IgorG , I installed this version of Plesk to see how it works and I was very sad when I saw that you stopped supporting the Plesk 12.0 theme. This makes me very sad because I use this theme and although I understand that it will no longer have updates, will it still be possible to carry my changes when doing this update?

Or am I going to be able to make the changes I made to the Plesk 12.0 theme?

Why would you use that theme? The new one looks way better in my opinion. Sure, choose the theme that you want, but I just want to know why you want it.

Although this is a matter of taste, see in the image below the customizations I made, in my opinion, it got much better than the theme of Plesk Onyx !!!

And although you disagree with my opinion, I believe you should have the simple option of continuing to use the Plesk 12.0 theme, taking into consideration that the weight it on the disk is insignificant.Screenshot 2018-03-03 at 09.39.19.png

Hm. I see what you mean. Fun fact, a few days ago I requested a trial license to see the old interface on a real Plesk 12.0 Server. And I have to say that the old interface is much, much faster than the new one.

All versions are slow compared to 17.8 :rolleyes:

All versions are slow compared to 17.8 :rolleyes:

Plesk did a fantastic job optimizing their panel as we can read in their release note.

Besides this, my Plesk 17.8.10 server updated to 17.8.11 this morning, automatically. Where are the release notes of this version? I personally think that this version wasn't planned to come out because on new servers the installation fails with some SSL error messages. I've forwarded this to the Plesk Support team. Also, there is no information available about disk usage.

Curious... mine is still at 17.8.10 and even if I go to "Updates & Upgrades" I'm not offered 17.8.11... :confused:

Hm. That's weird. And what if you launch the plesk-installer with the --all-versions option? I recommend you to not upgrade, though.

Attachments

• Schermafdruk 2018-03-03 16.58.44.png
    Schermafdruk 2018-03-03 16.58.44.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 6
When Plesk 17.8 launches I'll switch to CentOS 7.4. Therefore I am currently trying to install the latest previews and see how it works. I did this tonight and the 17.8.11 was available for CentOS 7.4 as well. I don't know if this is still the case.

Urgh... :(

Then it is probably for this...

plesk-17-8-10-no-update-to-11-1.png

It says pre-release...

but then clicking on "Change Settings" I have this:

plesk-17-8-10-no-update-to-11-2.png

huh, that's weird. I'm on General release currently but I was on testing release before the update. There's no more "Testing release" option....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back