• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Plesk Obsidian Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
we just tried to update system PHP on a plesk 17.9 test server to PHP 7.1.

we found out that we have to remove the package psa-php5-configurator. but this breaks some php handlers (fastcgi / cgi/ fpm) from the system php version. after that we can upgrade php to 7.1. but how can we readd the handlers now?

should we manually recreate the files /etc/psa/php_versions.d ? or what will be the correct way to go here?

add the handler with cli also fails:
# plesk bin php_handler --add -id fastcgi -path /usr/bin/php -clipath /usr/bin/php -phpini /etc/php.ini -type fastcgi
The PHP handler "fastcgi" is not found.
exit status 4

it looks like the name "fastcgi" is still reserved somehow, as we can add the php_handler with another name without a problem.

it would be interesting to know hoe plesk has planed the update of the system PHP that we can remove php < 7.1 completely.

Code:
ERROR: Declaration of Modules_AmazonRdsIntegration_Form_IAMForm::getMessages() must be compatible with Zend_Form::getMessages($name = NULL, $suppressArrayNotation = false) (IAMForm.php:2)

To reproduce:
1- Install AWS RDS Ext.
2- Enter your root access keys which is odd and risky ( I understand you want to make this easier to us for automation) (a step by step on how to create the user and it's policies is better because must of the RDS users are not newbies for such automation)
3- open RDS again.

Centos7-Plesk Onyx.17.9.11

Hello,

I'm glad to announce Plesk 17.9.12 Preview has been published.
Let's don't wait for auto-update of your preview builds, do it right now!

Release Notes / How to install the preview build

Main Deliveries
  • Plesk Administrators can now move add-on domains between subscriptions via the CLI by running the following command:
    plesk bin site --move addon_domain.com -webspace-name target_subscription.com
  • File Manager now has search: users can recursively search files and folders by names.
    • thumbnail_image001 (1).png
    • image002.png
  • Plesk can now reconfigure the local MySQL server to actually allow remote connections from any host when the corresponding option is selected in Tools & Settings > Database Servers (under “Applications & Databases”).
    • thumbnail_Screenshot (60).png
    • thumbnail_Screenshot (61).png
  • Increased the maximum length of FTP usernames to 32 characters.
  • ModSecurity and Fail2Ban are now installed and enabled by default.
  • SPF, DKIM, and DMARC options are now enabled by default for incoming and outgoing email.
  • Added new event handlers and actions to Action Log about SSL/TLS certificates on domain/webmail/mail server/Plesk assigned or unassigned.
  • It is now possible to set up a MySQL data folder in a custom location using Plesk (all necessary permissions and adjustments will be configured automatically according to the custom path) (Plesk for Windows).
  • HTTP connections to webmail that is secured with an SSL/TLS certificate are now automatically redirected to HTTPS (Plesk for Windows).
  • Added support for ASP.NET Core 2.2.2 (Plesk for Windows).

@Jesús López I don't have the exact dates, but I see this question again and again:) I will definitely announce any public dates when they will become available.

@Jesús López I don't have the exact dates, but I see this question again and again:) I will definitely announce any public dates when they will become available.

Please, review the last postfix version with SNI SSL in this plesk version!!! It's really the most popular feature that a lot of us are waiting...

My server is just died, so I'm forced to install it fresh.
As it seams that the new preview VERY close to be released, what will happen when I try this17. 9 preview and stable gets released?

Will it stay in pre-release or switch/stay in 17.9.x?

what will happen when I try this17. 9 preview and stable gets released?

Will it stay in pre-release or switch/stay in 17.9.x?
You will be able to perform upgrade from Preview version to Release version.

Hello!

It's been about 6 weeks since anyone asked so I though I'd check again. Any news on support for SmarterMail? We upgraded not knowing that the new version was not supported (our fault) and didn't catch that it wasn't for a couple of weeks (so we can't roll back to a previous backup as customers would lose emails). I have a few customers that are on me to be able to create some new emails. Any chance that the preview build will support that soon?

Also as a side note, is it possible for us to create the emails directly in SmarterMail and import them into the Panel later? That might help alleviate some of the stresses we are having here.

Thanks!

(sorry for asking again but this particular thing has been a real pain for us)

@Microbolt, thank you for asking.

Any chance that the preview build will support that soon?

We already invested our time in a new SmarterMail 100 support and found a critical issue for integration which was reported to the SmarterMail side. We are still waiting when the issue will be fixed and will support this version in our Preview builds.

@redhell could you please provide the exact use cases which not fit by the currently supported version of mailman?

Migrating from Mailman 2.1 to Mailman 3 — Mailman Suite 3.0 documentation
  • Virtual hosting support, with no list name restrictions (you cannot have the same listname on one machine, integration of SSL)
  • Single user account to manage all subscription addresses
  • Users can specify a preferred address to use by default
  • Flexible architecture for integration with your own site
  • REST-based API for the core system
  • Drop old python
  • Antispam
So much more and 3.0 is more then three years old!

Last edited:
Is this still valid for this preview to fix?

Reason: INFO:root:pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
ERROR:root:Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: atomic/7/x86_64
ERROR:root:Exited with returncode 1.

plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Or does it need tier testing somewhere

Is this still valid for this preview to fix?

Reason: INFO:root:pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
ERROR:root:Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: atomic/7/x86_64
ERROR:root:Exited with returncode 1.

plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Or does it need tier testing somewhere
Any related details from /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log ?

only got a /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log.gz, but could not find anything there as its 3 days old. Also check in ... log1.gz, but all looks normal

only got a /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log.gz, but could not find anything there as its 3 days old. Also check in ... log1.gz, but all looks normal
There should be symlink with /tmp like:

# ll /tmp/autoinstaller3.log
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Apr 2 02:50 /tmp/autoinstaller3.log -> /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log

Do you have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back