• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Plesk Obsidian Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO

[root@mail]~ # # ll /tmp/autoinstaller3.log
[root@mail]~ # updatedb
[root@mail]~ # locate autoinstaller
/root/.autoinstaller
/root/.autoinstallerrc
/root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml
/root/.autoinstaller/options.ini
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller
/var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log.1.gz
/var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log.2.gz
/var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log.3.gz

i Dont have it --

ls: cannot access /tmp/autoinstaller3.log: No such file or directory

ls: cannot access /tmp/autoinstaller3.log: No such file or directory
Run

# plesk installer

and do not go beyond the first few menu items. The file will be created.

yes was created... but how will this help me now?:

In the log I see is a warning that i stopped installer, as i canceled after seeing.

The following product versions are available:

1. [*] Plesk
2. (*) Plesk Onyx 17.9.12 (testing) (currently installed)

looks the same pressing Plesk Installer F -> B -> Q

Warning: Failed to attach to cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/user/root/tasks, installer might be unexpectedly killed later by the system

@Microbolt, thank you for asking.

We already invested our time in a new SmarterMail 100 support and found a critical issue for integration which was reported to the SmarterMail side. We are still waiting when the issue will be fixed and will support this version in our Preview builds.

Hi Anthony,

I've contacted SmarterMail Support to try and help get this fixed. Was doing a little digging seeing if I can pinpoint the error and everything appears to actually work then Plesk Deletes the user and throws an error. Can you all elaborate on what is going on? After each query SmarterMail responds 200 OK. From what I can see here is what happens:

1. Queries /Services/svcDomainAdmin.asmx to make sure domain exists
  2. Queries /Services/svcUserAdmin.asmx to add user
  3. Queries /Services/svcUserAdmin.asmx to update forwarding info
  4. Queries /Services/svcUserAdmin.asmx to update user settings
  5. Closes TCP connection
  6. Reopens TCP connection
  7. Queries /Services/svcDomainAdmin.asmx to make sure domain exists
  8. Queries /Services/svcUserAdmin.asmx to list users (user is among the users listed)
  9. Queries /Services/svcUserAdmin.asmx to list forwarding info
  10. Queries /Services/svcUserAdmin.asmx to delete user
I attached my full redacted conversation that goes with this. I'm guessing Plesk is not liking something on Step 4? Thanks in advance for any details so I can forward them off to SmarterMail.

Attachments

• Plesk Create Log SM 100.zip
    981 bytes · Views: 0
Hi.

Plesk 17.9 Preview #13 has been published.

Release Notes: Change Log for Plesk

How to install the preview build Try Plesk Now

Highlights
Ability to gracefully stop the auto-installer from Plesk Panel

This is about an old known issue with a locked auto-installer: if auto-installer is running and you click on 'Updates & Upgrades', you might see the unclear error message 'This site can’t be reached'. To fix the issue, you should login to Plesk server using SSH and manually kill the auto-installer process, or wait for a 30 minutes timeout. This issue caused quite noticeable amount of support calls.

Now the behavior is improved:

1. if auto-installer is not running -> run it.
  2. if auto-installer is running, and perform non-critical operations -> try to re-run (gracefully stop and start) the auto-installer, i.e. act like step (1). If this operations takes more than 10 seconds -> go to the step (3)
  3. if auto-installer is running, and perform critical operations (e.g., components update) -> show a page with a user-friendly error message and the link to the related KB article.
  4. if auto-installer is running, but doesn't perform any actions -> connect to the already running process, i.e. act like step (1)
Notification message based on HTML template

Plesk now sends email notifications in HTML, not in plain text. Yoo-hoo! Moreover, Admin can customize the HTML template:

1. Copy /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/email_notification_template.html.sample to /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/email_notification_template.html
2. Modify the template
3. Make sure the placeholder <!--message--> is present, it is required.
4. This does not replace our default HTML template, but only creates a custom copy that will be used.

The feature can be disabled in panel.ini:
[notification]
htmlEmail = off

Email notifications preview
Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 14.07.29.png

Increase an allowed length of Plesk DB user names

Increased the maximum length of database usernames. This improves migration because long database usernames migrated from the source can now be created in Plesk.

Plesk had limitations for databases user names which caused issues during migration and should be solved manually. The old values: MySQL(and all forks)/PostgreSQL - 16 chars, MSSQL - 128 chars.

New values:
  • for MariaDB version 10.0 and higher - 80 characters
  • for PostgreSQL version 7.3 and higher - 61 characters
  • for PostgreSQL versions lower than 7.3 - 31 characters
  • for Microsoft SQL (all versions) - 128 characters
  • for MySQL version 5.7.8 and higher - 32 characters
  • for Percona version 5.7 and higher - 32 characters
  • for other database management systems - 16 characters
Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 14.07.29.png Screenshot 2019-03-23 12.14.22.png

Bugfixes
It's time to focus on stabilization ;)

3rd party component updates
· Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.4.
· Updated PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.17.
· Updated PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.28.

Im still got trouble with Hostname SSL Certificate name mismatch, any idea how to fix this?

Hi.

We officially named the next preview build as the first Plesk Obsidian Preview (next major version of Plesk). It's already published and brings a lot of improvements. See details in the release notes.

Release Notes: Change Log for Plesk

To know what's new in upcoming Plesk Obsidian release see What's New in Plesk Obsidian

Highlights
Plesk users can now move add-on domains between subscriptions in the Plesk interface.
move1.png
Screenshot 2019-05-07 13.08.49.png
move3.png

File Manager can now search for files by content.
content1.png
content2.png
content4.png

In addition, File Manager now supports uploading and extracting RAR, TAR, TAR.GZ, and TGZ archives.

It is now possible to select which NS record will be set as a primary name server in the Plesk interface. It can be done using SOA record, for DNS Template - SOA record template.
soa_record.png

The Plesk UI was updated to modernize it, address several UX issues, and make it visually similar to plesk.com.
We streamlined colors and font sizes, and aligned all elements to grid. Check it out!
plesk_obsidian_skin.png

Besides this:
  • Significantly reduced the disk space necessary for creating full server backups in remote storage. Now the space necessary for backing up two subscriptions or 2 volumes (for multivolume backups) is enough.
  • The Plesk database is now managed by MariaDB. Clean Plesk installations use MariaDB right from the start, while existing ones will be switched from MySQL to MariaDB during update to Plesk Obsidian Preview (Plesk for Windows).
  • ionCube Loader is now shipped with PHP 7.3.
  • New updated versions of PHP, Nginx, Dovecot, MariaDB, Node.js, Git and other packages.

Update worked, but I still have trouble that the SSL Certificate is not valid for domain name

I've Posted this already but I'm getting no feedback from your team.

Still seeing 0 great feature between this version and 17.8.11....

Are you joking ? The amount of work that was done here is staggering: Composer (Dependency Manager for PHP) support, new Advanced Monitoring with Grafana charts, move domains between subscriptions, restriction of server-side operations for Plesk Admins, SSL It!, and even SNI for mail services..

What's New in Plesk Obsidian

I can't wait! :)

Are you joking ? The amount of work that was done here is staggering: Composer (Dependency Manager for PHP) support, new Advanced Monitoring with Grafana charts, move domains between subscriptions, restriction of server-side operations for Plesk Admins, SSL It!, and even SNI for mail services..

What's New in Plesk Obsidian

I can't wait! :)
- SNI for mail???
upload_2019-5-8_11-52-18.png
Only for windows for now... it's someting that ALL customer are claiming since a lot of month....

- Restriccion operacion for admin plesk, move domain between subsriptions are really great feature for you? Very limit interest for us.
- Monitoring have a low interest in proper server... we always use external monitoring as all had to do (cacti/nagios) that are much more real and eficient but it's also in anycase an "coming soon"
- Composer, no interes for us and also "coming soon"

Postfix SNI support was just added in Postfix 3.4 which was only released a few months ago. You can't blame Plesk for not having it included for Linux yet. These things take time to integrate and fully test!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back