• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Plesk Obsidian Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postfix SNI support was just added in Postfix 3.4 which was only released a few months ago. You can't blame Plesk for not having it included for Linux yet. These things take time to integrate and fully test!

Postfix Announcements => 2 month ago, it's not enough? Well better waiting have this great feature before anuncing the new version in this case

But beyond this feature that still not available, I am not seeing nothing great in new version, just some details about admin task in plesk.... Some feature that yet have been clain as separate space mail and hosting have no answer from plesk team. Same thing about notification of full mailbox.

Obviously with increase price since 1 year we are waiting something more than 2 or 3 low feature and 2 or 3 "coming soon" feature.

Well its not unusual for it to take a while for Plesk to support the latest and greatest.

Any updates on SmarterMail support? :)

My customers are almost at a point where they are going to start leaving me. Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

Hello.

Short question: What's thought about roundcube in Plesk Obsidian? Roundcube 1.4 was released some months ago and it runs with a manual installation perfect on Plesk 17.8.

@Microbolt
Any updates on SmarterMail support?

We experienced a critical integration issue and working closely with SmarterMail team to resolve it now. As soon as it will be fixed, we deliver the desired feature. I know it continues already a few months but I assure you we not forgot/postponed this feature but continue working on it.

@webdiz
Short question: What's thought about roundcube in Plesk Obsidian? Roundcube 1.4 was released some months ago and it runs with a manual installation perfect on Plesk 17.8.

Thank you for your question. As I can see, the Roundcube 1.4 still a release candidate. Our dev team monitoring all changes and updates in a 3rd-party software shipped with Plesk, and we will consider updating to a newer version when it becomes stable.

Just trying to migrate some domains to Plesk Obsidian v18.0.14_build1800190501.12 os_CentOS 7 and noticed that Plesk Migrator doesn't accept DNS name as a name of the source when migrating from another Plesk server.

Would be nice to accept a DNS name of the host as it is easier to type and recall.

Anyone else having problems getting the "Move domains between subscriptions" feature working? Mine just keeps saying Permission Denied when I try to click on Move. Any suggestions?

Anyone else having problems getting the "Move domains between subscriptions" feature working? Mine just keeps saying Permission Denied when I try to click on Move. Any suggestions?
Could you please fill detailed report with all necessary information, steps to reproduce and logs here Reports ?
I will forward it to developers for the further investigation.
Thanks.

In Plesk 17.8 I was able to login to phpMyAdmin thanks to panel.ini:
[databaseManagement]
features.phpMyAdmin.loginForm.enabled = on

After the upgrade to Obsidian, this not work: I've already tried to remove and reinstall panel.ini, delete cookies, repair installation.

Have you the same experience?

It works now.

PZgBbO1.png

What is the meaning of partially available?
Windows and not linux?

Hi,

I'm glad to announce the next build of Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1.0 was published.

Release Notes / How to install the preview build

To know what's new in upcoming Plesk Obsidian release see What's New in Plesk Obsidian

The Plesk Obsidian FAQ for Plesk

Main Deliveries

We named the current build "Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1.0".

Our team worked hard to make this release stable and fixed 133 additional issues in addition to the ones listed in the Release Notes. Even better, should you have trouble with this build, Plesk support team will accept support requests for Plesk Obsidian

Plesk for Linux now supports SNI for mail when Postfix version 3.4.0 and Dovecot are used together.

Our customers can secure mail for a domain with individual SSL/TLS certificates on Linux too:)

There are a number of limitations that we plan to fix in the future releases:
* SNI certificates cannot currently be backed up, restored, or migrated.
* SAN certificates (including mail.*) are not served by additional names.
* Domain aliases might have wrong certificates (default one, not from a site) in some scenarios.
* If the IMAP or SMTP server is replaced with one without SNI support, certificates are kept but can no longer be managed.
sni1.png

Besides this:
- The SSL It! and Repair Kit extensions is now installed by default.
- In Plesk on CloudLinux, Node.js and Ruby applications now work when CageFS is enabled.
- Plesk administrators can now specify the timeout for Apache health check on reload by using the `apacheReloadTimeout` setting (under the `webserver` section) in the `panel.ini` file. The default timeout is 40 seconds, the minimum one is 5 seconds.
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.6, PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.19, PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.0.

Your opinion is very important to us. Please help us to do the best release ever and fill the small survey regarding upcoming Plesk Obsidian Feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm glad to announce the next build of Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1.0 was published.

Release Notes / How to install the preview build

To know what's new in upcoming Plesk Obsidian release see What's New in Plesk Obsidian

The Plesk Obsidian FAQ for Plesk

Main Deliveries

We named the current build "Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1.0".

Our team worked hard to make this release stable and fixed 133 additional issues in addition to the ones listed in the Release Notes. Even better, should you have trouble with this build, Plesk support team will accept support requests for Plesk Obsidian Release Candidate 1.0.

Plesk for Linux now support SNI for mail when Postfix version 3.4.0 and Dovecot are used together.

Our customers can secure mail for a domain with individual SSL/TLS certificates on Linux too:)

There are a number of limitations that we plan to fix in the future releases:
* SNI certificates cannot currently be backed up, restored, or migrated.
* SAN certificates (including mail.*) are not served by additional names.
* Domain aliases might have wrong certificates (default one, not from a site) in some scenarios.
* If the IMAP or SMTP server is replaced with one without SNI support, certificates are kept but can no longer be managed.
View attachment 15582

Besides this:
- The SSL It! and Repair Kit extensions is now installed by default.
- In Plesk on CloudLinux, Node.js and Ruby applications now work when CageFS is enabled.
- Plesk administrators can now specify the timeout for Apache health check on reload by using the `apacheReloadTimeout` setting (under the `webserver` section) in the `panel.ini` file. The default timeout is 40 seconds, the minimum one is 5 seconds.
- Updated PHP 7.3 to version 7.3.6, PHP 7.2 to version 7.2.19, PHP 7.1 to version 7.1.0.

Your opinion is very important to us. Please help us to do the best release ever and fill the small survey regarding upcoming Plesk Obsidian Plesk Obsidian Feedback

Thanks especially for the SNI and postfix 3.4

Hello guys,

anyone also have problems with horde webmail and Plesk Obsidion 18.0.15? HTML and text mails were not shown with the error.

"Nachrichtentext kann nicht angezeigt werden.Die Nachricht könnte falsche Zeichensatzinformationen enthalten, die eine korrekte Darstellung verhindern."

Translated:

"Message text can not be displayed.
The message could contain incorrect font information that prevents it from being displayed correctly."

Roundcube is working fine.

Regards
Tim

Hi @sebgonzes.

You can test SNI for mail this way:
1. issue a Let's Encrypt non-wildcard certificate for the domain
2. assign this certificate to mail on this domain
3. specify the domain (without mail. prefix) in your mail client's connection settings

Also, the current implementation of SNI for mail actually doesn't work for the case "wildcard certificate + mail.<domain> in a mail client's connection settings", it's limitation of Postfix and the way how Plesk configures it (in other words, it's quite complex problem). We're already working on this issue.

Hi @sebgonzes.

You can test SNI for mail this way:
1. issue a Let's Encrypt non-wildcard certificate for the domain
2. assign this certificate to mail on this domain
3. specify the domain (without mail. prefix) in your mail client's connection settings

Also, the current implementation of SNI for mail actually doesn't work for the case "wildcard certificate + mail.<domain> in a mail client's connection settings", it's limitation of Postfix and the way how Plesk configures it (in other words, it's quite complex problem). We're already working on this issue.

Still not working

SSl is assigned to mail server
upload_2019-6-5_14-43-35.png

SSL is ok

With ssl option and just domain name in pop3 and smtp fields (not mail.domain.com), failing:

upload_2019-6-5_14-47-30.png
I have something wrong?

fixed 133 issues in addition to the ones listed in these Release Notes

Is there a list of these extra fixes? Just wondering if the SmarterMail fix is one of the extra 133 issues fixes :)

Hi @Microbolt,

Just wondering if the SmarterMail fix is one of the extra 133 issues fixes :)

The support of SmarterMail 100 is not one of them, but we have also good news here. Plesk and SmarterMail teams resolved the critical integration issue and our testing engineers verifying the solution now.

If all goes well, we will announce the official support of SmarterMail 100 in the next release at the beginning of July.

Just installed a fresh Test Server with
  • Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.15
But are facing major trouble with SOA Timing to my providers 3 servers

I added the Servers to Common Allow Zone Transfer ACL and change the DNS Zone Template NS values as i would have them for Plesk 17.x

Unfortunatly for some Domain the SOA time only 2 of 3 server are informed over the changes.

Currently I have no clue what could be source or error.

My finding :

plesk db -Nse "select name from dns_zone where serial_format='UNIXTIMESTAMP'" | while read i; do plesk bin dns --update-soa $i -soa-serial-format yyyymmddnn; done

Last edited:
Hi @Microbolt,

The support of SmarterMail 100 is not one of them, but we have also good news here. Plesk and SmarterMail teams resolved the critical integration issue and our testing engineers verifying the solution now.

If all goes well, we will announce the official support of SmarterMail 100 in the next release at the beginning of July.
Awesome!! Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back