• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk outgoing mail limit - BCC field

TarZug

New Pleskian
It seems plesk does not count number of recipients but number of emails sent for its outgoing mail limiter. I have a customer sending hundreds of emails using a BCC field, and even if limit is set to 50, everything goes right through.

Is there some setting to limit the number of recipients for each email? Otherwise the limiter for outgoing mail is pointless.

Do I have something not configured ok? Is this normal behavior?

Wow, this is insane. This is not even a bug, it as a serious functionality fail. They even stated here

Count each recipient (Including to, cc and bcc headers) as individual limit for Outgoing limits

that if using Postfix it is being counted. Not so. And this was in 2014 -- three years ago!

I can send an email with 1000 mails in bcc and it gets counted as one. At least some max number of recipients in an email or something?

This is a serious problem. You can end on a blacklist for your IP in no time if a someone is not a complete idiot and does not send each email separately but uses cc or bcc fields.

Back