• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PLESK Panel - 404 NOT FOUND NGINX

RobCSB

New Pleskian
Hi friends:

I have been a plesk customer, running off from the AWS Lightsail PLESK template for about a year. Today, I performed an upgrade to our core server from Ubuntu 16.04 LTS to 18.04LTS. The upgrade appeared to go without error. After initial restart, our core websites hosted on this server came up without issue.

HOwever, when I try to go to browse the PLESK PANEL (https:myserver.com:8443) I get 404 NOT FOUND NGINX.

How to I restore access to a functioning PLESK panel?

(Note: I have a backup of the Lightsail Instance and can restore. This was done as a fall-back mechanism. But I'd rather move forward, restore PLESK to functioning order, assess the rest of the health of the environment post-upgrade, rather than fall back.

Can anyone please advise on what I might be able to do in order to get the PLESK Panel Site operational again?

In our log /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log shows:

2020/02/04 10:39:46 [error] 1535#0: *14 directory index of "/opt/psa/admin/htdocs/" is forbidden, client: 98.118.136.36, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "plesk.xxxxxxxxx.org:8443"
2020/02/04 10:39:46 [error] 1535#0: *14 open() "/opt/psa/admin/htdocs/error_docs/403.html" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 98.118.136.36, server: , reques
t: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "plesk.xxxxxxxxxx.org:8443"
~

Whjat a pain in the ***. So for anyone who has a similar issue, here's what I had to do on my own to resolve this.

PSA database was offline and PLESK REPAIR ALL -Y did not work and PLESK INSTALLATION failed.

1. restored PSA database.
2. Since repair directory was missing, could not run a repair. Had to to PLESK INSTALL instead.
3. restarted services according to this
4. Now ran plesk repair all -y
5. afterwards, my PLESK came up, but with error b/c a missing plesk extension was not available. Re-rain plesk INSTALL, selected the FIREWALL extention, installed.

Now I'm back online. I am still assessing the integrity of the entire system at this point. But I'm up, my plesk is up and reporting no issues, my websites are up. Need to do a deeper dive to take a look at whether anything else is out of sorts.

But it would appear that I've now upgrade to UBUNTU 18.04.04 LTS and my plesk is functional again.

God what a mess this was.

Thanks, man you saved me!
Whjat a pain in the ***. So for anyone who has a similar issue, here's what I had to do on my own to resolve this.

PSA database was offline and PLESK REPAIR ALL -Y did not work and PLESK INSTALLATION failed.

1. restored PSA database.
2. Since repair directory was missing, could not run a repair. Had to to PLESK INSTALL instead.
3. restarted services according to this
4. Now ran plesk repair all -y
5. afterwards, my PLESK came up, but with error b/c a missing plesk extension was not available. Re-rain plesk INSTALL, selected the FIREWALL extention, installed.

Now I'm back online. I am still assessing the integrity of the entire system at this point. But I'm up, my plesk is up and reporting no issues, my websites are up. Need to do a deeper dive to take a look at whether anything else is out of sorts.

But it would appear that I've now upgrade to UBUNTU 18.04.04 LTS and my plesk is functional again.

God what a mess this was.

Thanks, man you saved me!

Hello @dannray, I installed Ubuntu 18.04.06 from 16.04 LTS but after all the installations I can not access the Plesk panel and all the websites are down.

How can I solve this?

Are you still able to log in via ssh and become root? Then try this:
# plesk login

That generates a login for Plesk.

1676727442390.png
After running ./plesk-installer
I am seeing this should proceed or
Which one should I Proceed with ?

Proceed with the installation:

"On the Main components list for Plesk page, select Plesk for installation and proceed further"

I don't know what you're trying to do, as I see "ubuntu-16.04" and the plesk 18.0.29 bootstrapper in the screenshot.

How did you install Ubuntu 18.04.06?

Have you seen this article? You need to update the source.list file, as you seem to run plesk 18.0.29 on that server.

As you can see in that article, it's a rather complex procedure. I'm unsure if this can be fixed by looking at the current server's state.

Consider migrating the data to a new server or VPS. I'm not sure if that will work either, but you can give it a try.

Or, try following the mentioned article and see if you can get it working again.

Back